• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Mushkin 512 2100 high Perf Level 2 2-2-2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KnownKiller

I just got my 512 2100 High Perf Level CAS 2 2-2-2 and the only thing stable so far is 170 slow settings like cas2, 3-6-3 T1 and its slow.. and thats at 1.85 volts.. any lower and it errors. 175 i cant make it in windows even at those settings... i've tried 195-200 with teh slowest settings cas2.5 3-6-3 T2 and the computer wont boot..

This is on a Abit KX7R AMD 2100+ some what unlocked since i'm using a low 9.5 multiplier. Could get higher with teh DTL stick.. I could get into windows at 175 max settings but after awhile it would lock in 3D Games.

I'm pretty bumbed out right now.. I'm shock really.. After talking to someone at Mushkin and seeing people on forums saying there getting 185-195 i dont know what to believe anymore.

What do ya guys think? Does Mushkin ram need a burn in??

first of all... your memory is PC2100. everyone else is talking about PC2700, including your DTL stick you have/had.

correct me if i'm wrong but pc2100 is supposed to run at 133mhz FSB is it not? i'd say 170 is pretty awesome for pc2100. you're getting 37mhz boost.

so you're talking apples and oranges.

Yes i'm well aware that 2100 is 133mhz.. The point is that the guy at mushkin told me that this stick is his frist choice at getting to 200 at max settings.

Plus the review that is up at there site plus the reports from a few people that it will get 180 max settings and 200 at cas2 3-5-3 is why i bought the stuff.

Its just bizzare and super fustrating that everything i try that is supposed to be the bomb is weak in my 2 systems. I mean the KX7 R and the Epox 8K3a+ are the 2 top KT333 m/bs for overclocking.. WHy is it that 2 sticks of Kingmax 3200 wont do anything over 170 max timings + the 2 DTL sticks of Samsung Original wont do anything over 170 max and now the 2100 512 Level 2 cas 2 2-2-2 all wont do anything over 170 max timings... all at whatever voltage..

The guy at Mushkin told me that he himself threw in a stick of the 512 level 2 in a system and it booted at 200FSB..

I have a 400 watt Antex power supply also.. using the first slot closet to teh CPU which seems to be the best.

I cant see i am doing something wrong.. The PCI slots shouldnt be the prob since i'm using the 5th divider so the pci is in the mid 30's.. The graphics card is a Gainward G3 TI 200... I'm sure it can run with the AGP at 100mhz... from 66 which is normal..

? I'm losin it..

WHy do i feel that i have to leave amd and go Intel just to get my memory to overclock as well as they seem to.

I would burn it in for a few days ..................I bought some micron with samsung chips that wouldnt even post at 180fsb slowest now i can do 200 fsb with it :D

Back