• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new name> OC Seti Cyber Cafe is open. Drinks and Frog legz on D'house

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

racecar12

OC Seti Cyber Cafe is open. Drinks and Frog legz on D'house

What do you all think of the new name? The Cyber Cafe sounds a little more intellectuall to me:beer:

WOW!!! Lots of cool stuff this week. Possible detection of intelligent life by 3 OC.com SETI members, recent ET discoreries, milestones....etc.

I'm going to get me some lamb chops and a white russian for my recent upgrades. With another upgrade in the shipping:cool::beer:

Last edited:
Hehe in the IRC channel we are called the OC Icebox (Correct me if I'm wrong). At least that's what the frogs recognize us as.

Give me an iced cap for the man with new speakers :D I get to brag because I've never experienced 5.1 speakers on the actual computers. My bro has 5.1 on his home theatre in the living room in his house and well it's crazy just that his were 1000.00 speakers.

Should all OC'ers get together and cook up a cyber-bbq LOL.

Yodums

Hmm, give me a P4 board that doesn't die for at least a few months. I've got another TH7II and a 1.6A that's going bad. Was running okay at 2300 for about 3 weeks. I thought I was okay using 1.75 volts this time, but I noticed last night it hadn't completed a unit for nearly a day. Sure enough the machine was down, so I rebooted it. It ran for about 30 minutes before locking up again. Since then I've been slowing it down, and I'm almost back to default speed, and it's still locking up. I think I may just pull the plug before it dies altogeher and maybe I can sell it to someone that won't try to overclock it.

TC said:
Hmm, give me a P4 board that doesn't die for at least a few months. I've got another TH7II and a 1.6A that's going bad. Was running okay at 2300 for about 3 weeks. I thought I was okay using 1.75 volts this time, but I noticed last night it hadn't completed a unit for nearly a day. Sure enough the machine was down, so I rebooted it. It ran for about 30 minutes before locking up again. Since then I've been slowing it down, and I'm almost back to default speed, and it's still locking up. I think I may just pull the plug before it dies altogeher and maybe I can sell it to someone that won't try to overclock it.

Does it like.. stall at stock though? Perhaps it's a bad board, not a chip. I suspect the board is faulty and killing the chip slowly.

TC said:
Sounds like gremlins to me. Both of my P4's seem to run flawless. The only time they get restarted is during a power outage. Have you tried blowing out the syetem with compressed air? If you have a dusty inviroment, dust can accumulate around the legs of IC chips possibly causing problems. Don't really know what else to say except maybe a degrading OS or your thoughts of degrading hardware.

Ice cap for Yodums and tall glass of Luck for TC:beer:

It's all the way down to stock speed now. It has been running for about 3 hours so far - we'll see how it goes. The first thing I did was blow it off with compressed air.

A little De-Ja-Vu hit me. I had a similar problem with one of my AMD systems. Kept lowering the clock speed to keep it stable till one day it just died. After checking and replacing most everything in the puter, I found my ram had gone south. Try some new ram. I still have that 1 stick 256meg rimm if you need it:D

Back