• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Regular or XMS Corsair RAM????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pirate252

OK i am going to purchace some RAM from Corsair, (sorry Maxvla, its worth the extra 15 bucks for me)...But now a new dilema has come apon me, Maxvla explained to me ealryer about the XMS but i didnt really understand what he meant by it, so now i dont know if i would have better luck with Regular PC3000 or XMS PC3000...Anyone have experience here?

Thanks

Matt

I dont think Corsair has true PC3000 memory sticks do they?

Anyway, the difference between normal PC3000 and XMS PC3000 is that the normal memory is rated to run at that speed 185mhz if i am not mistaken. XMS memory is just PC2700 chips tested to run at PC3000 speeds, nothing more, nothing less. Which is better? true PC3000 would be best, but like i said, im not sure Corsair has true PC3000 mem yet. That doesnt mean XMS memory isnt good, its been tested by Corsair to run (stable) at those speeds. Hope i was clear enough :D

Back