• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is this reasonable for samsung pc2700 ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
it says original, but the part number says DTL... which isn't original. and they are lying... its not samsung pcb. the samsung pcb's are the CTL.

if its more than 140 american dollars no.

Maxvla said:
it says original, but the part number says DTL... which isn't original. and they are lying... its not samsung pcb. the samsung pcb's are the CTL.

if its more than 140 american dollars no.

they only have 1 code for their pcb?

im not positive, but the only samsung pcb ram i've seen is the CTL. most other companies that use samsung chips mount them on their own pcb's.

i informed them of thier error and hopfully they will respond! i'll tell you guys what they say. :D

Maxvla said:
im not positive, but the only samsung pcb ram i've seen is the CTL. most other companies that use samsung chips mount them on their own pcb's.

does original PCB make a difference? i thought the only difference was in the chip. The chips are original samsung right?

Default said:
i informed them of thier error and hopfully they will respond! i'll tell you guys what they say. :D

thats what newegg was doing for a while. due to all the negative calls they've split up their entire stock ctl and dtl.

well the pcb is like the bread of a sandwich... you can have the most delicious meat on the inside... but if the bargain bread you bought isn't up to snuff you aren't going to enjoy the sandwich.

having the samsung pcb makes the ram more stable. don't ask me why... just seems to.

this is my favorite canadian comp site! so maybe some of you guys could help too and "inform" them of thier error. I would hate to see my fav. store go down the tube and start lying to me.

Maxvla said:
well the pcb is like the bread of a sandwich... you can have the most delicious meat on the inside... but if the bargain bread you bought isn't up to snuff you aren't going to enjoy the sandwich.

having the samsung pcb makes the ram more stable. don't ask me why... just seems to.

must be the quality of metal used and circuit paths.

The DTL is also Samsung Original I should know i have 2 of them... If it doesnt have a Samsung sticker in the left corner then its not Samsung Original...

ANd yes having samsung chips on Samsung PCB sticks makes the difference cause they use high quality 6 layer PCB..

Some people do ok with the DTL some dont... SO if thats the only place you can find it try it out..

So stay away from sites that just say samsung chips on sticks cause its not the real thing... or original samsung also isint the real deal... Just samsung original is what you want...

20-147-103-02.JPG

The "dtl" stick that I got isn't that bad, I guess..
I'm running stable at 9x185, got it to 187 stable, and failed the 3dm at 188x9 @ 1.85,2.70 dimm.

Back