• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Burning in your RAM??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pirate252

I hear you all talking about how you "burn in" your RAM and then you get a better overclock, my guess would be that either you just run lotz of stuff or run continuos memory benchmarks, what is this so called "burning in" of RAM???

Matt

Also, while im on it, anyone know any good RAM benchmarking programs?

Well only the second lesser important part of my question was anwserd, what is this thing called "burning in" your RAM...

I believe it puts your RAM under intense pressure (full usage, whatever you would like to call it). Doing this, you 'break' the RAM in, getting a better overclock. I think. :)

Burning in components seems elusive to some but works wonders for others, personally what I think is going on is that by running stressful programs for extended periods of time the hardware gets used to working higher than it's normal speed.

maybe thats why my crappy no name brand 512/2100 ddr is running so fast. i ran it at 166mhz for about a couple hours then it finally locked up, i went back into the bios and changed it back to 133 and it seems like it's been blazing fast ever since. :burn:

Back