• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please Help/ Need Best Memory Divider Setting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

craigiz1

I am trying to o/c some by uping my fsb. I am only able to go to 105. (x5) I was able to go to 112 and run stable, but not know and I don't know why.
I have pc133 sdram made by PNY. (128x3) My P3 is a 100 fsb processor.
What would be the best memory divider setup in my bios? I have a choice of 1/1, 3/2, 3/4 and auto. I can't get over 105 fsb now using auto, so I thought I should try something else, but I don't understand these settings.
And what is the setting that is next to the fsb number? Example= 100/33.xx ? As the fsb increases, so do they.

Thanks for the help. Need to get my system a little faster. System is in sig.

I would leave the memory at 1:1.
The 100:33.xx is most likley the fsb/pci bus speed.
You might get more accurate information from someone using the same board. Asking in the motherboard section might be better.

i don't mean to hijack the thread... but while we are on topic...

im getting a 1.6a and mushkin pc3000 256mb and an Abit BG7 which has the i845g chipset.

what are these dividers? and how do you set them up to do what?

We probably will be better off going to our type of boards forum group. Those people will have already done this and be able to help better.

Good luck.

craigiz1 said:
We probably will be better off going to our type of boards forum group. Those people will have already done this and be able to help better.

Good luck.

true... good luck to you! haha.

Maxvla said:
i don't mean to hijack the thread... but while we are on topic...

im getting a 1.6a and mushkin pc3000 256mb and an Abit BG7 which has the i845g chipset.

what are these dividers? and how do you set them up to do what?

Not positive about your board but the sis645 has memory to fsb ratio's. Most are just adding or subtracting 33 or 66mhz to the fsb for the memory speed. From what I have read the I845g can be made to add or subtract 33mhz but the chipset does not offically support it according to intel.

Depending on how the fsb is used in the ratio expression you will have choices something like 4:3 1:1 4:5 at 133fsb. If the fsb is shown as the first number then 4:3 would be fsb 133 memory 100. 1:1 fsb 133 memory 133. 4:5 would be fsb 133 memory 166.

You get similar choices at 100fsb and the settings scale with a increase in fsb so what is fsb 133 memory 166 when the fsb is raised to 140 would be 173 memory.

I hope this helps some.

um.. ok. so once you lock off the pci and agp they will be the same no matter what you do to the FSB right?

so when you use 1:1 FSB=Memory speed
so when you use 4:3 FSB=25% slower memory
so when you use 4:5 FSB=20% faster memory

am i getting this right?

so why is this important? i guess you have faster processor overclock on 4:3 and your memory is still running at a stable lower speed.

hmm...

Or you can have a faster memory speed and greater memory bandwith. If you have a 400 cpu like a 1.8a it might max out at 135-140fsb then it can really help to run the memory at 173 for bandwith.
The sis645 lets you add +66mhz thats how I run my memory at 208mhz with the cpu at 139fsb. This gives me about 3000mb/s of bandwith.

Back