• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SETI mention on TechTV

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

masitti

I thought it was pretty cool, that they mentioned the SETI@Home project. Watched it on Cybercrime; some guy was almost sentenced 120 years in jail because he loaded the client on school computers. Anybody else see it?

wow 120yr in jail????? :eek: he'd better find ET and take him/her along w/ himself 'cos it's a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng time and sure he'll need some company :D

when was it on air?? darn i miss it!! :eh?:

Yea, it was on TV.

I think he was being charged for tamparing with government equipment (something like this). Quite scarry, so watch what you put SETI on.

I'll bet that was the Georgia case against David McOwen. He was a dumbarse but the state picked a really poor test case as well.

Cy

120 years? LOL, I'd love to see my dumbass school admin try to put me in jail for what I did a few months back... :D

More power to the guy. Hell, I'd help him install it on the multitude of machines he had access to, if possible. Closed minded dumbasses, IMO, don't need to be using computers anyway.

"He's installing SETI@Home on our machines! Send him to jail forever!"

"Yeah, God forbid we actually contribute to the scientific community, or all mankind, for that matter!"

:mad:

Back