• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stability Issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pirate252

Will changing my DDR-RAM timings to make it go faster increase my chances of getting errors? Its not really worth it if i cant do anything without crashing, or losing data...

Depends on the timings used the speed you are trying to run and the stick of memory's capabilitys.

When you set up your system you test it using software programs to find out what it is capable of doing while remaining stable.

Just because your system crashes does not mean everything on your hard drive gets lost.

If you are worried about losing data and are getting a intel system get a motherboard that allows you to lock the pci/agp bus speed.

Is wanting to run some Corsair PC3000 at PC3000 speeds with agressive CAS2-2-2-1T timings to much to be asking for, thats what i am hoping to hit....

the quickest way to find out if your ram is stable is to run memtest. it'll quickly shoot out errors if the settings are too agressive.

pirate252 said:
Is wanting to run some Corsair PC3000 at PC3000 speeds with agressive CAS2-2-2-1T timings to much to be asking for, thats what i am hoping to hit....

should be pretty easy since its rated at 183x2 at a little bit less than highest settings. you might hafta settle for 183x2 at highest settings with no overclock but having the agressive settings will vastly improve your scores instead of leaving them at stock timings with faster memory speed.

Back