• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Dedication?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JKooL

Registered
On Seti Spy, under User Stats, it says I only have 55% CPU dedication.... What gives? I'm running NO extra programs in the background, I've given Seti complete control of the system. How can I free up more CPU time for Seti? Would it even make a difference on my processing times?

Thanks,

-Joe

Edit: Whoa, sorry, didn't see the other post about CPU dedication.... SORRy :p

How long have you been running SETI like this? The CPU dedication is based on total time you've had your SETI account and how much CPU time SETI has recieved.

If you just started out with SETI, and did this, then it should be higher. However, if you've been crunching for some time, it will take at least that long in total dedication to raise your CPU dedication halfway between your old value and your present crunching habits. (eg: had an account for 1 week letting SETI run only half the day. Letting SETI run all day for another week would bring you up to 75% dedicaiton. Another week would bring 87.5%)

Although, I wouldn't expect anything over 90% with a single computer. When I monitor SETI, it gets anywhere from 80-95% CPU time. And I usually only get that 95% if I set it's priority to High :)

JigPu

Back