• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

crucial/micron ram modules

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

brg

Registered
I just had a local computer store put together a computer for me and told them I wanted 1.5GB of PC2100 Crucial/Micron Ecc Reg RAM. They ordered the ram and I have the system - it runs fine. However, I went to check for a part # to confirm that I indeed did receive PC2100 ram that was Crucial/Micron, but was told by Crucial when reading them the part # that they were not Crucial modules that they were only Crucial components on a module.

Does this matter? Should I return these? There is no way for me to tell whether I indeed received PC2100 RAM independent of the reseller and whoever manufactured/supplied them w/ the RAM is there?

Thnx,
Brian

Crucial componets? Crucial doesn't make memory chips they use micron chips.
I would say as long as it runs fine and you were not charged extra for crucial memory then no real reason for concern.
If you asked for micron/crucial memory then it sounds like they gave you what you asked for. If you had asked just for crucial memory then I would say complain.

As far as what you really have can you post the markings on the chips?

The markings on the chips are as follows -

0220 1-1
MT 46V32M8
TG -75B

You definitly have Micron/Crucial chips. MT = Micron Technology. Its 7.5ns ram which is indeed PC2100. As for the 1-1 im not sure if those are for Crucial modules or Micron modules, i cant remember. I would chk but all my ram sticks are in my computers, lol.

Back