• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Specifically Ordered CLT from Newegg got DDR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shill82

Specifically Ordered CLT from Newegg got DLT

I thought they sorted out their CLT from the DLT but obviously not! I ordered a stick of what I thought would be CLT but when I opened up my package it was DLT. I don't know what I'm gonna do I don't want to wait and return it but I also want what I paid for.

Shawn

Last edited:
Welp thats the worst thing i could of read... Those *******s!!! I got 2 sticks of 256 coming to me now held up in the mail... If they come as DTL there is gona be hell to pay! I doubt they can do anything about it since they are out of stock now, and i dont think Samsung is making them anymore with the newer DTL out.

WOW... I'd be so freakin ****ed i dont know if i would ever beable to order from them after that phone call.

Ya know what i'd do... Get them to atleast send out some Mushkin PC3000 for the exchange free of charge, overnight as well... THey should send them out to you NOW! Not after you get those sticks back to them. I wouldn't even pay the few dollor difference.

Dont listen to them when they tell ya that they will send 2 more out and hope there what your orininally ordered...THey will just be the newer DTL..

I ordered two more 256 MB sticks on 6-25, when they were advertising CTL but people were receiving DTL. I got the parcel yesterday and guess what, I got CTL sticks! Burnt it in last night. These are dated 0225.

Knownkiller, I guess I'm just lucky :p.

But Shill82, test the DTL stick out after burning in. My 512 MB did pretty decent. If not, I'm sure Newegg will take it back.

BTW, there's a good possibility it's not CTL versus DTL that is important but the date of manufacture. It's possible the sticks made after 0220 or 0221 may not overclock well regardless of CTL or DTL.

I dunno, maybe Newegg got Samsung to print up a whole bunch of CTL stickers ;)!

I only finished burning them in this morning, so I test the next couple of days. I did try 185, 2-2-2-5-1 out of the box, and it was silky smooth booting into Win98SE, but 3DMark2000 popped out to the desktop, so I decided to burn in. They have potential, though. I also got in an XMS3200 stick yesterday and the CTLs run much smoother and my system just seems much happier with them in there. Don't believe I could boot 185, 2-2-2-5-1 at all with the Corsair.

The XMS3200 did 175, 2-2-2-5-1, but could not do 200, 2.5-3-3-6-2T as advertised, but I may have been running 1T so I have to try again tonight. As I mentioned earlier, a 512 MB DTL stick will do 170, 2-2-2-5-1, and 200, 2.5-3-3-6-1.

Clevor said:
I also got in an XMS3200 stick yesterday and the CTLs run much smoother

That you claim to be able to discern a difference in smoothness when comparing XMS3200 to stock Samsung is hard to swallow. After all, XMS3200 IS Rev. C 6ns Samsung, tested to hit high speeds. I suppose it's the Corsair PCB that's fouling things up ;-) If there is a difference in performance, it should be so small as to be virtually undetectable by benchmarking programs, let alone by "feeling".

whoa... you need to cool down a bit known killer...

is it the end of the world if they send you the wrong ram?

i just got some mushkin pc3000 from them... silver heat spreader looks very :cool:

my gainward vid card is going to be red... my case is either going to be black or blue. plan on getting a red cold cathode and red ide round cables. never thought i'd get into case modding... but it sounds pretty fun.

Maxvla said:
whoa... you need to cool down a bit known killer...

is it the end of the world if they send you the wrong ram?

i just got some mushkin pc3000 from them... silver heat spreader looks very :cool:

my gainward vid card is going to be red... my case is either going to be black or blue. plan on getting a red cold cathode and red ide round cables. never thought i'd get into case modding... but it sounds pretty fun.

Why should i cool down i'm not the one that got the wrong ram.. I'm was just telling him what i'd do.. WIth all the bad luck i have been having i wouldnt doubt that i would get the wrong ram from newegg. I never heard anything bad about Samsung till i ordered it.

Plus its really hard to not be a little fustrated if you have had all the bad luck i have been having for the past 5 months or longer in computers. I'll right up another post for that in hopes that the Computer Overclocking Gods will read and take the curse off of me!

Read it here

You really should relax bro,

First of all Newegg is a great vendor and they know how to treat thier customers, thier support is excellent.....

Just remember if you start demanding this and that you will most likely not get helped expeditiously....Just try to relax

Fedex screwed up my Newegg order and Newegg refunded me on the spot....

Demanding ridiculous service and credit is just that.... ridiculous

Even if they made a mistake they will fix it

Well as you can clearly see at newegg.com... Getting that CTL stick was the last shot that we all had.. There not selling those CTL sticks anymore period so... He's got a right to be a little ****ed off i'd say.

I just got mine today but it was delivered to the fiance's house.. I prey newegg sent me the right one this time.

I have a 512meg stick of Samsung DDR333 that is CTL and really do not know what to make of the numbers on it ... they go like this 0217 M368L6423CTL- CB8 147-102 120527 can anyone translate ??? Hope I got the good stuff, bought it from newegg a couple of months ago and was all depressed because it was double sided ... What gives ??? Is it good or should I unload it ???:(

whoa dude u need to chill seriously. ITS A MODEL NUMBER!!!

and people here have been having the same results with the new Samsung pc2700 as the old.

if it doesnt o/c well IT ISNT NECESSSARILY THE RAM"S FAULT!

ive been hearing all kinds of bitching lately about the samsung, than 2 pages down u find out that the person has a locked XP with a crap HSF.

there are a millin and one causes for a bad (and good) o/c.
i think its safe to say that IMHO(!) almost all original samsung 2700 will do 200mhz max timings if o/c'ed correctly with proper burn in and voltage. so far almost everyone i know with badass o/c skills have gotten em to at least 200mhz.

u need a proper system, cooling, and voltage, not to mention CPU that can handle the FSB, mobo, u need to understand all of the bios timings and what they mean and how they affect performance and stability ect. ect. ect.

[end rant]
u guys need to stop blaming manufacturers and distributors for bad o/c's, nothing is garunteed to run even 1mhz over its rated speed.

Last edited:
Malakai said:
i think its safe to say that ALL SAMSUNG 2700 will do 200mhz max timings if o/c'ed correctly. so far everyone i know with excellent o/c skills have gotten em to at least 200mhz.

It's safe to say you're wrong.. You rip into these guys for posting, and then all you do is spread misinformation. If you don't know what you're talking about, please don't post.

Goto

Goto_Dengo said:

It's safe to say you're wrong.. You rip into these guys for posting, and then all you do is spread misinformation. If you don't know what you're talking about, please don't post.

Goto
ouch... i even got singed off the flame on that one.

i agree that not all 2700 ram can reach 200mhz, it all depends on the individual stick.

Oh yeah... Well Good old newegg sent me , guess.... Yup DTL STICKS! 2 of the exact same sticks i just sent them back... wierd that i got my DTL sticks (that i sent back to them cuase they were supposed to be CTL) the same day they recieved the 2 DTL sticks i sent back prier...

Man i cant believe them... What the hell.. Either they scamed everyone or they need to tightin up there communication with there shipping department. Man i mean they changed the damn item to CTL model and had the DTL on a different item and it didnt matter... SO there going back... Only one of the 2 same sticks wants to go as high as 175 max settings... The other one is really not even happy at 170 max. THe system will not even post at 190 slowest settings...

Oh and i know what i'm doing hehehe.. Please... I have reset and setup the bios sooo many times that i can actually set up the bios with my eyes closed. Plus my CPU (2100+) is totaly unlocked and i have personaly checked every single multiplier from 5-13... ALl work besides 13 cause that wont work with the unlock.

Goto_Dengo said:

Goto

well although that was harsh:mad: , its my fault. i forgot to put an almost in there.

ALMOST all of the original samsung ive seen properly burned in w/ 3-3.2vdimm will go to 200mhz max timings.

what voltage are u all pumping through it?

KnownKiller said:
Oh yeah... Well Good old newegg sent me , guess.... Yup DTL STICKS! 2 of the exact same sticks i just sent them back... wierd that i got my DTL sticks (that i sent back to them cuase they were supposed to be CTL) the same day they recieved the 2 DTL sticks i sent back prier...

Man i cant believe them... What the hell.. Either they scamed everyone or they need to tightin up there communication with there shipping department. Man i mean they changed the damn item to CTL model and had the DTL on a different item and it didnt matter... SO there going back... Only one of the 2 same sticks wants to go as high as 175 max settings... The other one is really not even happy at 170 max. THe system will not even post at 190 slowest settings...

Oh and i know what i'm doing hehehe.. Please... I have reset and setup the bios sooo many times that i can actually set up the bios with my eyes closed. Plus my CPU (2100+) is totaly unlocked and i have personaly checked every single multiplier from 5-13... ALl work besides 13 cause that wont work with the unlock.

again, theres no reason to trip out, they did not charge u more for the CTL that u didnt recieve, so u did not get ripped off.

being disappointed is one thing, but getting really ****ed is another. 175mhz max settings with 2 sticks of ram is not bad at all for cas2.5 pc2700. what are your system specs and voltages(inclucing vdimm)?

Goto_Dengo said:

Goto

ripping who for posting?
im getting peeved cause u cant expect a good o/c cause other people have, its all a game where luck plays a huge role.
getting a little upset is ok, but flipping out is another.

dont tell me not to post, i posted my opinion just as everyone else does. i have tried to help people with samsung to get it better o/c's repeatedly and i often get met with flames such as yours, its not making me feel too good about the forums lately:(

and KnownKiller, i meant no flame towards u in my post. im sorry if it came off that way. sorry for the triple post also, but the quote above needed its own post:)

Malakai said:
again, theres no reason to trip out, they did not charge u more for the CTL that u didnt recieve, so u did not get ripped off.

Brilliant reasoning--try again.

The newegg product number indicated he was getting CTL sticks, which almost never fail an overclock. This is the only reason he ordered, because he was lead to believe he would be sent RAM he KNEW almost never failed to please.

Instead, he was sent DTL, which fails to hit high speeds as often as not. DTL is not worth the $150 to most people. Newegg failed to deliver what it promised--Samsung with the CTL product number.

I love newegg, but they're in the wrong here. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

Back