• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what is the max fsb my mem can handle?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

woods

Well I finaly got the specs on my mem and now the question: How high can I set the fsb to before it gets unstable? I ask this so I can know if it is my mem holding me back or if it is something else. The specs are in my sig.

woods said:
Well I finaly got the specs on my mem and now the question: How high can I set the fsb to before it gets unstable? I ask this so I can know if it is my mem holding me back or if it is something else. The specs are in my sig.

It depends on many things, pci cards and such will sometimes cause instabilities. I have 768mb of Micron ram and the best i got from it was 155mhz not stable. 150mhz is more likely for your ram.

well I have hit a wall of [email protected] was wondering if it was my memory holding me back. If it is one of my pci/agp cards ( I am using an Nvidia Gforce2 MX 400pro, and a nic) how can I tell?

It's hard to tell, if your CPU is unlocked then you could lower the multiplier to be able to see if you could raise your memory some more, any sort of system instability is a sign to back off from the speed. You could try more relaxed timings to see if thats what's holding you back, too

I have been trying to find something on memtiming settings (Ihave not even touch those yet) any suggetions on what to set them at?

Back