• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hello from Thailand

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

katelin

Hi everyone. It's lil o me. Remember me? Well, I'm in Bangkok right now. I've managed to get an MSN dial-up installed and connected, and what a hassel. It's about midnight local time. As it turns out this trip will be shorter then I thought. We spent a week in Paris only. I thought we were going to be in more places in Europe, but not the case. Having a great time so far. We arrived here on Tuesday. Last time I was here was when I was an infant. This place is something else. Anyway, I've been crunching SETI like mad on my laptop, got a bunch of WUs to upload when I get back home. Well, some of you asked me to put some pics, so here are a couple of them. One is from a ruin near Chang Mai, the other is a beach group pic taken at the Gulf of Siam. What lovely beaches they have here. I'm the one at the bottom of the pile :). Well I'll be back on the 12th of July. Happy 4th everyone. Byeeeeeeeeee...

Hey Katelin!!!..Sounds like your having a good time there in Bangkok. Sorry you had such a hassle getting MSN installed and setup, but the important thing is, you DID get it set up!. Its good to hear from you and I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!. Have a great time, and keep those WU's Crunching!!!!

Crunch On!!!

Marc

hey! good to see u stop by & didn't forget us!! :)

yeah, i've been chang mai like 10+yrs ago (when i was a kid), what a beautiful beach over there!! miss it a lot!!

a, don't forget to stop by Hong Kong or Taiwan to pick up some hardware or dirt cheap software too (if u can)!! ;)

p.s. Happy 4th to everyone!!!! :beer:

Great to hear that you're having a good time, and haven't forgotten about the Team!! lol

Enjoy the trip, don't spend TOO much time messing with the pc while world traveling........

Good to hear from ya!

Hey, looks like your having fun. Bangkok being one of the hottest places and your wearing pants!!! Haha, Bangkok was on of the most visited places for vacations so I guess your having a blast. Hey keep an eye out for benz4140 :)

Don't forget about the team.

Happy 4th of July to everyone even though I am a Canadian.

Yodums, I thought Canada was part of the US, eh.

Good to hear your having a good time, Katelin. Those are some good memories that will last a lifetime.

Give your friends and family some well-wishes from the good ole USA.

Hi everyone, me again. It's about 8:30 am Sunday, Singapore time. I can't believe how nice and clean this city is compared to LA.

Jeniva,
Getting MSN setup is no big deal, but getting connected is another story, it's like trials and errors each time.

Landshark,
I'm afraid we won't be stopping by HK or Taiwan. I have not been to any computer stores at all, no one on this trip would take me to one :(

Rogerdugans,
I haven't spent much time on the computer at all. Most of the time it just sits on the hotel room closet crunching away.

Yodums,
Well, I'm wearing the overall because the previous day, I was in my short shorts and tank top. Boy, bad mistake. The misquitoes nearly ate me alive, and exploring the jungle in those shorts and sandals was not wise either as you can imagine.

Craig, Greg, and TC:
Yes, this is a great vacation that I won't soon forget. Eventhough I grew up in the US and America is my true culture, it's very interesting to see and experience the roots of my origin. "see" you all back home.

It is great to hear from you. Sounds like you are having a fun trip. I am invious:D Hope to see you crunching soon:cool:

Very glad to hear/see you are having such a great time! Enjoy it all you can. :)

Cy

Thanks for the World Report:D

I guess its too bad you haven't had the chance to see an overseas computer store...but it is a good reminder that there IS more to life than pcs and Seti!!!

Wow, nice to hear from you on your trip, and even nicer to see you're crunchin' while you're away too! Glad you're having a good time, and hope to "see" you again soon on the Forums!

:eek: I thought I could recruit someone to fold from Thailand. Turns out some beautiful pics. Cool, enjoy your time there and don't get into trouble.

Very Exciting!

Really glad to hear you are taking advantage of this opportunity and soaking up as much of the heritage and culture as you can, it should prove to be a valuable asset to you later in life.

The team is anxiously awaiting the return of a well seasoned world traveler to our ranks, but until that time, travel safe and ENJOY!

SkyHook

Back