• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sandra ays my mem is crap!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

woods

Well the title says it all. The store I bought my mem from sold me one kind of mem, but gave me some generic pos! so I need to know 2 things: what kind of ram will let me safely hit 300FSB or close and can I if I use the ram I have now will it afect the performace of the soon to be new ram?

Crucial RAM should be able to hit it, Ive seen a lot of people that have gotten it to 333 or so, just order it straight from their site free shipping :beer:

They probably cheated you but for the record Sandra sometimes lies to be about what I have in my system. Sometimes it says I have two sticks and other times it says I have three.

I am no expert by no means on memory,but I too have asked that same question to find the Sandra findings are not correct in some things..

Well, you may be running the memory at 266MHz instead of 333MHz. KT266a motherboards will require to overclock the FSB to get that ram up to 333MHz speeds.

DS-Master

Older ver of sandra/wcpuid can't read newer chipsets so all pc2700 + is read wrong. You need the newest ver of sandra *assuming it is fixed now* or cpu-Z from wcpuid's site to read the speed correctly.

Sandra is a good benchmark but it's info cam be a little flaky. If you want information on your RAM, try:

CTspd

It reads information directly off your RAM, and it's always been correct for me so far. :D

Back