• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I don't want to buy CrapBrand RDRAM!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

compuchick

Registered
I am concerned about compatability and brand!

1. THIS motherboard on googlegear says:

"*Note: Use only the tested and qualified 16-bit 1066MHz RIMM listed below. Other RIMM manufactured by other vendors may not be suitable for this motherboard.
Vendor Type Size Model:
Samsung 1066-35 128MB MR16R0828BN1-CM9 "

and I want to use Kingston 256MB RIMM.

ALSO!!! When RAM says the manufacturer is Kingston, does that mean it is only Kingston chips on CrapBrandX board, or that it is entirely Kingston? HOW DO YOU KNOW?!
Is this REAL Kingston RDRAM?

Thank you so much!!

:compuchick

First of all, that is Kingston PC 1066 RDRAM, though the pic is wrong.

Second of all, that Kingston will work in the Asus P4T533-C, any PC 1066 16-bit will

I believe the Kingston RDRAM, and most if not all RDRAM in general is whatever brand's manufacture, but has Samsung chips.

Kingston does not manufacture DRAM chips at all. They make modules and equip them with DRAM chips from major manufacturers such as Nanya, Infineon, Hynix, Micron, Samsung, Toshiba, etc. Their modules are as rigorously tested as those from Micron's Crucial division, however. Kingston has historically been recognized as one of the highest quality purveyors of memory. As for Kingston's PC1066 RDRAM, most of their modules use 32ns Toshiba chips, though some use 32ns Samsung chips.

Cool, another overclocker from Kansas. I know Kingston is the most available and cheapest PC1066 out there right now, but some people (not all) are having problems with them in certain motherboards. I still think true Samsung, Corsair, or Mushkin would be better choices.

Here is Sumsung PC1066 from a good retailer that I've done business with several times before.

http://www.puicorp.com/subcategory....ff881f9e649aeb1&scat=RAMBUS+PC1066&cat=Memory

Compuchick, depending on what kind of overclock you're going after and what type of system you plan on building, you can get an Abit TH7-II Raid motherboard for over $50 cheaper. I have one of these and love it. What CPU do you plan on using and what RDRAM speed do you hope to achive?

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?submit=manufactory&catalog=280&manufactory=1283&DEPA=1

Back