• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good news!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

13oots2

I hope to have a dedicated cruncncher up and running within a month. Not exactly cutting edge but its far better than my output at the moment. It will consist of an Asus A7V, Duron 1200 and 133Mb of PC133. Just need to get case as new mobo arrives tomorrow. Main probem revolves around getting the Asus to work with the Morgan, we had a few probs last time it was tried.

It should be good for about 25-28WU's a week. Have to get that 500 WU certificate under my belt

133MB of PC-133???

You getting some of that "X-Files" memory from TC? :D

Always glad to have another PC crunching for the team.
I'm "window shopping" myself right now, always enough room for another PC here.

Wookie8662 said:
You getting some of that "X-Files" memory from TC? :D

Hahahah!

Man, everyone seems to be upgrading this summer, even though their commitment was to downgrade, heh! ;)

Crunch on! :D

Lol, just had knock on door from Sculder and Mully to investigate. We only get stand ins here in the UK.

On the subject of Summer, we are having about the coldest wettest one I can remember. It set me wondering, just how much heat is the OC Seti Team actually putting out?? I know it doesnt actually help, but is anyone willing to try and work it out. TC must be approaching that of a small sun gone Super-Nova

13oots2 said:
Lol, just had knock on door from Sculder and Mully to investigate. We only get stand ins here in the UK.

On the subject of Summer, we are having about the coldest wettest one I can remember. It set me wondering, just how much heat is the OC Seti Team actually putting out?? I know it doesnt actually help, but is anyone willing to try and work it out. TC must be approaching that of a small sun gone Super-Nova

Here in Wis., we've had 8 90F + days already... normally we have that in an entire summer. I remember two years ago we had none, and that was a nice summer. Personally I'm thinking about upgrading my PIII though I think the aspect of selling my AMD system and going for a 2nd P4 is more appealing, as I'll be able to keep my DDR which I am quite satisfied with. Plus, with my high-powered PSU and excellent case ventilation, it will make for a very good P4 setup once I decide on my board.

13oots2 said:
On the subject of Summer, we are having about the coldest wettest one I can remember.
We're having temperatures in the neighborhood of 100 degrees, drought, forest fires...

Apparently our weather slipped its leash and jumped the fence. Can we have our weather back, please?

Last edited:
jazztrumpet216 said:
Here in Wis., we've had 8 90F + days already... normally we have that in an entire summer.
IIRC, we normally have 30 90+ days per year. We've had over 20 already, 15 of which were contiguous.

Yup, but over here by the lake, our dew points reach 70F+ in that kind of weather, too. Luckily, we just had a cool front run through and 74F is feeling really nice after a week of that crap.

It was 89 yesterday. I had to put on a sweater.

Humidity shmudity...
You can dry the air with air conditioning. Try living in smoke and ozone. Pardon me while I barf up a lung.:)

Glad I have the day off:cool: It is 95f now and expected to go higher! It has been between 95-99f all week! Yesterday towards sunset my house was 84f with the ac going full blast!!! Replaced the air filter and checked the charge on the ac system this mourning. Now I am getting ready to setup a blow hole in the ceiling in room that contains my farm:cool:

We've had at least a dozen days over 90 and hit 100 once. Next week is supposed to be upper 90's to over 100 all week.

*looks nervously at the little air conditioner in the window*

Man everyone else but coloradan's and Arizonen's have NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT... I tell you, I would rather be in the butthole of the world than here...(AKA Florida....Coloradan's just can't take that type of humidity...and TOO much oxygen for our tastes...:cry) Anyway yep sucks here......

Back