• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buying some new Memory. DDR.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slick306

I am looking for some new memory, I had been using some 256mb of Micron PC2100 and I was very happy with it, I was able to get 168mhz cas2 settings with it. Now, that memory ran fine at that speed for only about 6mos, then it fried. I purhcased some cheap memory to pull me through until I got some cash, and now I am looking at some new memory.

I am wondering if it is a good idea to get 512mb Cas2 Corsair 3000 memory w/ heat spreader for about $345CDN, or would it be a good idea to get 512mb Corsair 3200 Cas 2.5 for around $270? Which will overclock more? The 3000 is cas 2 at that speed. So I figure it should hit 400mhz ddr at 2.5 at least... and visa versa for the 3200.. any suggestions?

Slick

Well, between the two, the Corsair PC3000 CAS2 is a better choice. There's a huge price difference between the two, nearly 100.00 + tax if there is any. They're basically trying to trick you. Think about it PC3000 CAS2 will most likely do PC3200 CAS2.5.

Definately like yodums stated buy the Corsair PC3000 Cas2, mine does 190fsb @ cas 2 flawlessly I'm trying to push 200fsb, but I have pci devices and hd's that are holding me back right now. I've noticed the corsair ram has a "gung ho" attitude towards overclocking, feed it more, it gives you more! :)

Back