• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Questions about Mushkin PC3000 ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

steppenwolf

Registered
1) can Mushkin PC3000 run stable at 2*200 CAS2 stable ?what
is the voltage ? can this run stable in all KT333 motherboard ?

2) What do you thing of Visipro PC2700 ? can this mem run at
2*200 aggresive ? CAS2 or CAS2.5 ?? (it is easier to get Visipro
rather then Mushkin PC3000 here. And cheaper)

it's hard to tell as most chips if any out now will run at 200
cas2 stable. i have mine at 195 cas2 and havent tried any
higher so it's worth a shot.

i have never heard of vispiro so i can't give you my opinion
on that.

it should work in all kt33 mobos except an 8k3a which will
need a simple bios flashing.

mushkin has awesome customer service, and is top notch quality.
go with that :p

i've got a stick of pc3000 mushkin staring me in the face... i'm not installing it til i get all the rest of my parts.

im very glad i got some though.

ive never heard of visipro... sounds like a crappy off brand.

I spoke to Mushkin in length a couple days ago, they are working hard to bring us DDR400. (for when Jdec makes it a 'standard')

They are having trouble finding a supply of good chips, they have tried Samsung and Twinmos chips, but they are a great company and won't settle on putting out a half baked product......

I really respect Mushkin as they care about the customers.

As far as your question goes, I really cant answer it as each stick seems to have its own persona, I can tell you Mushkin and high voltage dont mix well.

What are we considering high voltage? I cannot get my stick to run stable at fastest timmings over 170 with 2.7v

{PMS}fishy said:
What are we considering high voltage? I cannot get my stick to run stable at fastest timmings over 170 with 2.7v

yes i'd love to know as well... Everyone says that they wont handle high voltage but never define high voltage..

My 512MB 2100 high Perf Level 2 will not run stable at 166 without max the board can give at 1.85v... I'm thinking they mean anything over 3 volts.

Silversinksam... You have some DDR400 right there in your sig.. That 3200 stick from Mushkin... How is it doing? Does it even do 200FSB with the slowest settings?

I had a long talk with a tech over at Mushkin by the name of Michael Schuette... He said that he's headed to a meeting in California next week to talk with some chip manufacturers to find something other then what there using right now since its not doing so hot.... Looks like there aint crap out there that can do the big task of 400MHz.

We aint gona see no CTL sammies anymore.. According to michael, Samsung dont give a crap about overclockers and its cheaper for them to produce the Rev D chips since the Die shrink an all.. Cuts costs in half for them so there sitting pretty i guess. Sucks for us.

yeah he did say that the Winbond chips suck worse then the CTL chips from samsung. So that means even Corsair is not even a choice right now for 400Mhz...

Man it sucks right now... Way couldnt of i had bought some ram 2 months ago.. all would of been fine.

{PMS}fishy said:

I'm stuck just like you are at 170FSB... The same with 4 sticks of Samsung Original "DTL" Same as every company out there are using like Mushkin,Corsair and OCZ, prob even that new company XtremeDDR.

Thanks a bunch Samsung... Thanks for thinking of your loyal Customers and Fans... Put a lock down on anyone running 200FSB till the DDR400 come out..

This is what i have found and the ONLY mem i have ever used it mushkin. Im the one that got SSSam his first stick.

The muchkinpc3000 is top knotch in my opinion. Yes most sticks of it will do 200 stable at cas2 with at least fast timings. 2.7vcore is plent for this memory. Id not recommend that you go over 2.7 unless you have properly burnt in your memnory for a day or 2.

Burn In Process: Default is 2.5vdimm, what i do is bootup at DEFAULT settings and raise the FSB as high as it will boot up, while STAYING at 2.5vcore.

Once that FSB speed is attained set to max voltage or close to it (i use 3volts) and i just SiSandra burn in for overnight a few nights. Once that is done id say you can up the speed, and usually more vdimm will help after burnt in.

OPPAINTER on www.xtremesystems.org used this same method and runst at 230 FSB, on a 4:3: ratio. cpu is at 190, FSB is 230 and it is tottally stable. 2.98vdimm

oc jason said:
This is what i have found and the ONLY mem i have ever used it mushkin. Im the one that got SSSam his first stick.

The muchkinpc3000 is top knotch in my opinion. Yes most sticks of it will do 200 stable at cas2 with at least fast timings. 2.7vcore is plent for this memory. Id not recommend that you go over 2.7 unless you have properly burnt in your memnory for a day or 2.

Burn In Process: Default is 2.5vdimm, what i do is bootup at DEFAULT settings and raise the FSB as high as it will boot up, while STAYING at 2.5vcore.

Once that FSB speed is attained set to max voltage or close to it (i use 3volts) and i just SiSandra burn in for overnight a few nights. Once that is done id say you can up the speed, and usually more vdimm will help after burnt in.

OPPAINTER on www.xtremesystems.org used this same method and runst at 230 FSB, on a 4:3: ratio. cpu is at 190, FSB is 230 and it is tottally stable. 2.98vdimm

Yes and Opp has an older stick as well... You got one prob 2.. The newest stuff is using the Samsung Rev D DTL sticks... So those days are long gone.. I should know since i talked to the head Tech over at Mushkin yesterday night. Those stick you have and opp are the old sweet *** C sticks from samsung.. the CTL.. THose days are gone.. :( I hope and prey i get luck somehow and my 2 PC3000 sticks coming to me tomorrow are either CTL by chance... or some great sticks that are DTL..

send them back, and tell them to reporgram this memory as a C class, then can and will do it.

They have done it for me and silversinksam. We sent the memback due to it not running fast enough and they reprogrammed it and now it totally smokes, was faster than before,

Sam can also confirm this, it has been done to a pc2400 stick i sold him and a pc3000 stick that i now have. its free and they will ship overnight at there cost.

see, aren't they a great company, overnight shipping at "THEIR" cost. too bad there aren't to many any other quality companies like mushkin.

oc jason said:
send them back, and tell them to reporgram this memory as a C class, then can and will do it.

They have done it for me and silversinksam. We sent the memback due to it not running fast enough and they reprogrammed it and now it totally smokes, was faster than before,

Sam can also confirm this, it has been done to a pc2400 stick i sold him and a pc3000 stick that i now have. its free and they will ship overnight at there cost.

That dont make any sense? How do they do that when the c class is a totally different mem chip?

oc jason said:

While this is true, the reason I sent mine back originally was incompatibility issues, but i have to say Mushkin treats you like family....and thats rare these days....I love Mushkin :D

KnownKiller said:

Well thats what i figured... Who runs with that? hehe THose settings are conservitive slow settings.. manual settings is what most use that know what there doing..

im curious about this too...

i might go with Corsair, but Mushkin is over 20$ less per 256 stick (and i need 2)

if it will even chill at 185-190 with proper burn in at max timings than ill order it right now.

and how would reprogramming the SPD make it o/c any higher?
are their secret timings in the spd that are used no matter what settings its at?

Back