• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Increase In Rank For Inactive Members?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

craigiz1

I was looking at my daily rank (540) and noticed that some inactive members had green increase of rank arrows next to their names. How can they advance if they are inactive?

Maybe if someone above the inactive member deletes his account???

-Joe

#2 Rank Jumper for O/C Seti Team last week! :cool:

JKooL said:
Maybe if someone above the inactive member deletes his account???

-Joe

#2 Rank Jumper for O/C Seti Team last week! :cool:

I don't know. There were several and I don't think they all could have canceled at the same time.

Pretty Sure

craigiz1,

I'm almost positive that is what you are seeing. If 1 former member with more WUs completed than you and the "inactivies" in that area, leaves and takes their WUs with them they are removed from the stats and everyone below would be moved up one.

Now you ask why would it show on some and not on others? Well if that same "inactive" who gained one spot from the loss of a member was also passed by someone during the same 24hr period he would have no change, 1gain - 1loss = 0change

The loss of a members WUs can really jumble the standings on many levels, just like having a new member join who brings a large number of WUs completed along with him will cause eveyone below to lose a spot.

Hope that helps.

SkyHook

Re: Pretty Sure

SkyHook said:
craigiz1,

I'm almost positive that is what you are seeing. If 1 former member with more WUs completed than you and the "inactivies" in that area, leaves and takes their WUs with them they are removed from the stats and everyone below would be moved up one.

Now you ask why would it show on some and not on others? Well if that same "inactive" who gained one spot from the loss of a member was also passed by someone during the same 24hr period he would have no change, 1gain - 1loss = 0change

The loss of a members WUs can really jumble the standings on many levels, just like having a new member join who brings a large number of WUs completed along with him will cause eveyone below to lose a spot.

Hope that helps.

SkyHook

Yep

Back