• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

corsair platinum?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SpaceRangerJoe

i was browsing newegg the other day, and i noticed the corsair xms platinum. it really doesnt give a whole lot of info on it. is the only difference the silver heat spreader? and could a different heat spreader possibly be worth 10-15 dollars?

Umm that and there 333mhz or higher, they dont make those series in pc2400 or lower. :)

other then that i didnt see a difference, might of overlooked something though.

It looks like the only difference is the Heatspreader is Platinum in color

Newegg specs:

Specifications:
Speed 333 MHz
Organization 64M x 64
CAS Latency 2-3-3-5-T1 (its t2 with two modules)
Memory type DDR

Specifications:
Speed 370 MHz
Organization 64M x 64
CAS Latency 2-3-3-5-T1 (its t2 with two modules)
Memory type DDR

All Corsair XMS sticks (Corsair doesnt even show Platinum heatspreaders ) :confused:
http://www.corsairmicro.com/xms/xms_modules.html

dunno why, but in Newegg the Platinum edition of the 3000c2 is more expensive than the normal one....
but over at NCIX in Canada, the Platinum one is cheaper than the normal one....
normal one costs $221 CDN
Platinum costs $165 CDN

and as SSS said, nothing about the Platinum edition on their website....anyhow, i just ordered one Pl from ncix for a friend, so i will let you guys know if the special edition OC any better than the orginal one.

I think the Platinum versions have a Silver heatspreader instead of aluminum or copper like the normal XMS.

Back