• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SETI@Home Error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daydreamer

I want to join seti.
I've downloaded the seti client, installed it, an now ik click, first time user ---> I fill in everyting ---> click submit ---> connect now, and a few seconds later it gives an error
"Couln't log in to the server over network connection. Use change/create Login in the settings menu to try later again."
What am i doing wrong???, I'm on cable connection. I have norton firewall, but i disabled it, and it still wont work
Oh yea, and it sez, Cant connect to server. (Error -20;1813)

Last edited:
Keep trying. Sometimes the server is overloaded and or temporarily down for maintnance. Just ask if you have any more problems. Welcome to SETI:cool:

Godfodda said:
Stupid question, but have you set up your account on the Berkeley site yet?

Seti@Home
I thought that when you first ran the client, it asked for your user name and everything and signed you up automaticly..... Especially the GUI client.

My bet is that either the server was overloaded at the moment, or your network settings were incorrect.

JigPu

my networks setting are okay, and i've tried it more times(three times this morning, twice this evening), so a server overload isn't the problem(i think)

JigPu said:

I thought that when you first ran the client, it asked for your user name and everything and signed you up automaticly..... Especially the GUI client.

That could be true. It's been a couple of years since I signed up, so I forget. ;)

Daydreamer, I've not used Norton's firewall so I don't know how that operates, but I have to clear the client with my ZoneAlarm before it will connect. That's just on the first run, of course. And disabling ZA never really disables it. Creates havoc for me actually.

The firewall is the only thing (aside from a busy WU server) that pops into my head if setting up at the Berkeley site didn't fix it. Maybe someone else has a better idea.

Back