• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is right ram for overclock to DDR400?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zeph

Registered
Hello.
currently i have two Samsung PC2700 256MB * 2 (single sided) on Abit IT7 Max mobo.
i can't o/c for high fsbs cause of this ****ty ram.
it won't o/c at least just 1 mhz.
so i would like to exchange with another Samsung rams.
please help me to get right ram for this time.
i know i need some lucky but help me :cool:

I need a ram that is able to do DDR400!

1) PC2100 or PC2700 ?
2) 256MB * 2 or 512MB?
3) Single Sided or Double Sided?
4) CTL or DTL?

Thanks.

PS.No other brands.

1) PC2700 for sure....and remember to get the original SAMSUNG.

2) 1 stick of ram usually let you reach higher FSB than 2 sticks, so 1 stick of 512mb is better than 2 sticks of 256mb.

3) from that i've heard, single sided OC better than duble Sided.

4) there are rumors that CTL oc better than DTL, but a couple of members here found that DTL oc just as high. you may need to confirm this.

p.s. too bad you don't want other brand...or the Corsair PC3000 will gives you everything you wanted PLUS more:D

many facts can have effect on the FSB you can get. Even you have corsair 3000 or 3200(they definatly should be able to reach 200FSB), other facts may holding you back.

With Corsair XMS 3000 or 3200 you will be able to hit 200 fsb, unless of course you get a bad stick. If you do end up buying the Samsung, make sure it is the CTL version. It seems like newegg is having a little confusion with the CTL and DTL versions of the samsung ram although I believe they have attempted to seperate them.

Back