• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

geil pc3500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
GeIL PC3500 433MHz DDR SDRAM, Manufacture Direct Hand Picked 6ns GeIL GL2000 Chips with Pure Copper Heat Spreader. 6 Layer PCB, 184pin, 32x8 Low Denisty, Unbuffered, CAS 2.5 6-3-3 2T, 2.6V-2.9V. Lifetime Warranty. Available in up to 512MB Module

Main link

Heres what I found out so far:

They claim to be around since 1997

But Domain name- GEILUSA.COM was created on - 04/23/02 15:31:37

This stuff is only sold in three places, yup you guesses it OCsystem.com OCsystem.com with a less than stellar 2.08 resellerratings.com eval

And buyaib.com with even worse Resellerratings.com eval of 1.96

Its also sold at www.RAMStore.ca but there is no resellratings for them.

Basicly if it looks like a duck and quacks or waddles around, its a duck ;)

Seriously Geil picked at least two vendors that have almost the worst reputation according to Resellerratings.com

so in other words we have OCZ2 here......

when are they gonna stop tryin to scam the o/c'ers?

we to smart for their games ahahaha!

ps good find SSS, thanks for the info;)

OCSystem Expeditious Gamer 512MB PC2700 333MHz CL2/CAS 2 1T DDR SDRAM
With Copper Heat Spreader
CAS 2 5-2-2 1T
FREE SHIPPING!

GeIL 512MB PC2700 Ultra 333MHz DDR SDRAM CL2/CAS 2 1T
NEW!
Clear Acrylic Case & Copper Heat Spreader Included FREE SHIPPING!
CAS 2 5-2-2 1T

Both are $135 and have identicle stats hmmm...

I'm not saying that they are the same but it sure is similiar. :rolleyes:

Cant you guys just let the kids make a little money? I mean, there only gonna rip off a few people right?

:D :cool: :eek:

OK, maybe not, My bad

DS-Master

Somebody should put together a class-action lawsuit against them. They ARE OCZ. By a different name. I would never have bought from them if I knew that. Now I have a "PC3200" chip that won't do 156FSB at any voltage! And I'd even take their aweful return policy charges, but I can't get ahold of them!

NEVER NEVER NEVER buy OCZ, OCsystem, or anything that looks/sounds/smells like them!:mad: :temper: :mad: :temper: :mad: :temper:

Yes, they are another front for OCZ.
so is the new company XtremeDDR.

buyer beware.

6ns DDR433? come on 6ns is the standard for DDR333. DDR433 should be 4.6ns or better. this is a crock of sh**.

Silversinksam said:

XtremeDDR is not OCZ, I spoke to them some time back. (In fact I will have a stick of XtremeDDR today from www.pcpitstop.com )

i remember OCZ was expanding into another company.

i would have swore it was ExtremeDDR, but i guess i was mistaken.

u remember what the name of that other company was? its in all of Mr. Natural's info that u have saved

Back