• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need a RAM suggestion...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The_Ryz_Factor

I am going to buy an A7V333 mobo soon and I am asking for some RAM suggestions. Should I get 512 MB of PC2100 or should I get 256 MB of PC2700? Which of these would be more worth it? Thanks ahead of time. :)

ive got 256mb pc3000 for the system i'm building and it will use xp. 256 is fine for xp, unless you are using some huge commercial programs.

I got 1 stick of 256Mb PC2700, then got another later when I could afford it. I wish now that I had waited and bought 1 stick of Corsair 512Mb PC2700, CAS2. The second stick forced me to back off my DRAM timing settings. I had to back from CAS2 to 2.5, and from Command Rate 1T to 2T, plus reduce the CPU multiplier from 12.5 to 12, when I added the second stick. Get the best and biggest you can for one slot! I would definately get PC2700 over 512Mb.

I am and will be running Windows 98SE. I don't feel like getting another OS, and Windows 98SE has been fine for me since I've had it. :) Plus with a Voodoo 4, you don't get great XP drivers.

On newegg a 512 stick of PC2700 made by Corsair is $140... :\ where can I find a 512 stick for $90?

The_Ryz_Factor said:
On newegg a 512 stick of PC2700 made by Corsair is $140... :\ where can I find a 512 stick for $90?

Try pricewatch.com. They will give you the lowest prices that are out there but some of the vendors are not reputable so make sure you check to see if they are over on resellerratings.com.

Back