• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Drop in WU's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jazztrumpet216

Senior @ss
Hey all- I am currently dedicating my PIII ex-cruncher to the United Devices Cancer Research Project. It was a part time (well, most of the time) cruncher at first sharing with this program, then I switched that computer entirely over to SETI a few months ago. Now I'm switching it back to that program all the time. My best friend's mother has been diagnosed with Stage IV Metastatic Breast Cancer... and I feel it's the least I can do for her and her mom to do this, especially since I have lost my own grandmother to cancer as well. So if you guys notice a drop in WU's from me, that's why.

That's okay. Sorry to hear about your friend. My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer July 22nd of last year. Your friend will need a lot of support.

Thanks TC. I lost my grandmother when I was 4. I knew she was going to die (my parents were very clear that she wasn't just "sleeping" or anything like that), but I had no idea what it really meant or what she was dying from. Now, of course, I have a much better idea. They've known about her cancer for awhile (actually it's been since Oct. of 1999 I believe... a medical miracle in itself that she's made three years), and she was not supposed to live a year at that point, much less see either of her daughters graduate from high school. I've prayed up, down, left, and right for my friend and her mom and I hope her journey with cancer stays as "uneventful" as it has so far.

EDIT: Here's a story that came out today in the Milwaukee area paper about my friend, and her mom's cancer is prominently mentioned in there as well for anyone who's interested.

Last edited:
Back