• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I S I T M Y R A M?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Matt761

Im having trouble getting my rig to run at 133 fsb. My mobo cant change voltages of my cpu or ram. I cant change anything on my ram. All i have is fsb. Its running right now at 120 fsb. My ram is running at pc960. My system wont even post, it just beeps. I think it may be my ram. Would a burn in help? Can someone help me.

Matt761 said:
Im having trouble getting my rig to run at 133 fsb. My mobo cant change voltages of my cpu or ram. I cant change anything on my ram. All i have is fsb. Its running right now at 120 fsb. My ram is running at pc960. My system wont even post, it just beeps. I think it may be my ram. Would a burn in help? Can someone help me.

Your RAM cannot run at 133 fsb. You need to find some PC2100.

It might be the RDRAM that's pooping out, or it might be temps, or you might need a slight bump in voltage. What vcore are you currently using and what is your CPU load temps? Usually Samsung PC800 is good for at least 125 FSB. Might try some more case ventilation in the RIMM slot area. That helped me.

I found I can change the bus frequency of the ram. It was at 400mhz so i changed it to 300mhz and tried to run it at 133 fsb. Still no go. Im running at a 1.5 vcore. My temps are at about 50 C at full load. I cant change the vcore from my motherboard.

Sounds like it's not the memory that's holding you back. You need better cooling and then read my sticky post on how to wire up the VID pins for more voltage on the Northwoods. Don't try this until you get better cooling though. Load CPU temp of 50 degrees with no more of an overclock than that is a bit too warm. You probably are using the retail cooler with the crappy black heat pad that came with it. After getting the cooling under control, I suggest connecting VID pins #3 and #4 for 1.7v (either wire wrapping the pins ot using a "U" shaped wire to connect the pin holes of the socket).

Back