• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

setting priority in seti.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xanthan

Disabled
does raising seti's priority level higher actualy make it run faster when i am not using the computer or is that just for when your running other things ? the computer i have running seti is used a few hours a day but i guess the level could be adjusted to low during those times.

No not by much. Most programs by default have a low priority, so at normal it will take up mostly everything, at high it hogs everything. I prefer it at low since it frees up some cycles for low priority programs (Everything mostly).

Most programs run at a priority of Normal. With SETIDriver set to Normal, you will run into some contention with SETI and other applications. This may result in some hesitation using your system. Folks around here have not really seen any significant change in WU times by any of the priority settings. Running at Low makes it pretty unobtrusive.

lol i was messing around and put seti on high and it was taking 2 minutes for anything to open...i guess its staying at low :)

thanks for the info guys.

xanthan said:
lol i was messing around and put seti on high and it was taking 2 minutes for anything to open...i guess its staying at low :)

thanks for the info guys.

I like low myself because I don't notice it running ...

Back