• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheap RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ferg

I am looking to upgrade and when i was looking through the refurbished section at newegg i saw that there are some really cheap good motherboards, but I also have to buy RAM for that to work and i dont really want to even spend 70 bucks for 256 megs of Samsung PC2700. I figure next system i get i prolly wont be able to use this ram anyways, by then it will be eitehr dual channel or DDR II so I want some cheap RAM but since i dont think i can unlock an XP I have to get my fsb up. So, I need some cheap memory that can make it to 166fsb easily, preferably at CAS 2. I saw some Crucial PC2100 for $52, and i seem to remember good things about that. Any help would be appreciated. And if im really not gonna be able to do it with cheap memory than ill just have to fork out the extra for Kingmax PC3200 i guess, its only $71.

What do you mean the REAL kind? like is there a fake kind? Also i was thinking the Kingmax is cheaper, only two bucks but that pretty much makes price a non issue, and it is guranteed to 400Mhz, albeit at CAS 2.5.

On the 256mb sticks, theres a ctl, and dtl ram sticks. The dtl dont oc well, and there made with a crappy pcb. So www.newegg.com sells the ctl, but sometimes they'll send you a dtl. So u just gotta look hard.

Back