• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just cant do it?!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mhypertext

Wow i just flashed my bios and was going to take the FSB up to increase the bus to 182 from 172

it wont even do 180
could this be the ram
the cpu all my volts are maxed and cooling is ok or could it be my video card (because its at X4 and i cant lower it any).

Last edited:
It could be any of the 3...

hehehe could this be the ram

Your ram is rated to run at 133 but can probably overclock higher, what speed are you running that ram at when your at 180? You should have a memory divider set on the board at higher speeds if it has one available.

or the cpu all my volts are maxed and cooling is ok

That's a possibilty that you just hit the max for your proc at the voltage your running.

could it be my video card (because its at X4 and i cant lower it any).

The AGP 4x setting doesn't have as much to do with it. The problem is with the speed your AGP slot is trying to run at. If the board doesn't have a divider at higher bus speeds the AGP slot can get out of spec and the video card can flake out. For example if the highest divider your board has is a 1/2 (which is for running the AGP slot at spec at 66Mhz when your FSB is 133) your board is currently running it's AGP slot at 86Mhz with the FSB at 172 and it's gonna try and run the AGP slot at 90Mhz at 180.

mjones73 said:
It could be any of the 3...

Your ram is rated to run at 133 but can probably overclock higher, what speed are you running that ram at when your at 180? You should have a memory divider set on the board at higher speeds if it has one available.

That's a possibilty that you just hit the max for your proc at the voltage your running.

The AGP 4x setting doesn't have as much to do with it. The problem is with the speed your AGP slot is trying to run at. If the board doesn't have a divider at higher bus speeds the AGP slot can get out of spec and the video card can flake out. For example if the highest divider your board has is a 1/2 (which is for running the AGP slot at spec at 66Mhz when your FSB is 133) your board is currently running it's AGP slot at 86Mhz with the FSB at 172 and it's gonna try and run the AGP slot at 90Mhz at 180.

90 should be hard at all for the G2.. They should handle 100Mhz or over no prob... The thing is i dont know if it can do that in an overclocked state as well...

Back