• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WTF!!! Anyone else getting bad units?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cuper

the last 13 out of 17 units on my main rig (haven't checked the others) are AR of .02-.029 yeilding me many barely sub 6 hour times!!!! This stinks, anyone else seeing this?

Looks like the ones I got, were the older 1999 tapes, they decided to pass back out again. All my real low angle WU's are dated 1999.

The low angle WU's take longer to finish than a normal WU, (approx 0.400) while the higher angle WU's finish in less time than a normal WU. This is not the case for all WU, but most of them fall into this description.

I am getting 16 hour times for my laptop!!!!! That's +4 on the avg.!!!! DOH!!!

It looks like our production dropped, but we haven't removed any servers. We got hit with a bunch of .0xx WU's and the new P4's we've added don't like those a bit.

Greg M said:
It looks like our production dropped, but we haven't removed any servers. We got hit with a bunch of .0xx WU's and the new P4's we've added don't like those a bit.

My P4 doesn't like them either. I hope to eventually figure out why some P4 systems do them almost as fast as the higher AR WU's. I lowered the voltage on my P4 system and got the temp down to the mid 40's. That didn't make any difference. Racecar12 said that his P4 took longer to do the lower AR WU's in the beginning but now is doing them faster. Eventually I'll probably try a different mobo and better memory with that same chip and see if that makes a difference.

Back