• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to team can i have some help?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ss69nova

I have just joined the team and i was looking at the work unit times!!! holy smokes i have to be doing something wrong. i have completed 40 some units and it took me about 40 some hours per unit and some people are geting 15 hours per? What do i need to do?

I have three machnes up and going.

1800 xp/ curntly trying to unlock...

with 768 ram

1.4 P4 with 640 ram

and a 1.2 althon with 512 ram

I just got the last two started after joining the team i figure now i have to improve my stats.

Are you running the screen saver version? That Xp 1800 should do them in about 3h30mins. Lets see some more info, and I can help you. Mainly what type of ram are you using on all the machines?

ram

in the 1800 xp i have 3 256 sticks of 2100

the p4 has 2 256 and 2 64 of ram bus 800mhz

the 1.2 has 2 256 of sdram

all three are running scren saver version

any other info you need?

on that post is everything the latest? i have home version 3.07 running now? should i use the one that is posted there?

thanks a million

ok that looks alot better about 3 17 per unit!!! Can't wait to see it climb now.

one more question. when i frist started seti i used the name fubar, should i / can i change the name?

Re: thanks a million

ss69nova said:
ok that looks alot better about 3 17 per unit!!! Can't wait to see it climb now.

one more question. when i frist started seti i used the name fubar, should i / can i change the name?

Yea, that looks like better times for you.
I don't know about changing your name. I don't think the w/u's will transfer to the new name.
You might be able to change the name if the email address stay's the same. Better get some more responses on this. Don't take my word for it. And...

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS AND OCSETITEAM!

ok one small problem

ok i have evrthing set up and going as far as the seti spy ect. but when i add seti spy to my start menu ( so i auto starts) i keep getting a error message saying it has to close down? I can start it manulaly but i would like ti figure it out. The short cut refers to the right folder. what am i over looking here?

I don't use Seti Spy, so I can't help you there.....

But Welcome to the Team!!!

You should be getting some pretty sweet times with those rigs- and move up the ranks pretty well too!
Enjoy!

Re: ok one small problem

ss69nova said:
ok i have evrthing set up and going as far as the seti spy ect. but when i add seti spy to my start menu ( so i auto starts) i keep getting a error message saying it has to close down? I can start it manulaly but i would like ti figure it out. The short cut refers to the right folder. what am i over looking here?

Ok. If I understand it, right click on the SetiSpy icon and creat an extra shortcut of it. Drag that shortcut to your startup folder...click Start/programs/startup, put the icon in the setup folder.

Re: thanks a million

ss69nova said:

Yes you can change your name, I've done it a few times lol..

Go here and enter your email addy that you used to sign up. and your password as well...if you cant remember it, then they can send it to your email. Once you have it, you can go in and change your name, you will not loose any WU's.

oh yea..Welcome to The Team ,and to the Forums!!

Crunch On!!!

thanks for all the help

Ok everything is up and going now, thanks for all the help

see you guys on the way up!!

Re: ok one small problem

ss69nova said:
what kinda version OS r u using? if it's XP, sometimes Spy will crash on start up, even w/ the latest version 3.0.7! the work around is right click on the Spy shortcut, change the compatible to Win2k, and disable visual effect.

btw, Welcome to the team!!!! :beer:

ss69nova...

Make sure you are copying a "shortcut" to SETIspy into your startup folder... not trying to move the program itself...

BTW, WELCOME to the TEAM!!!

Crunch on!!!

Back