• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin... WOW what a company!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KnownKiller

I talked to Mushkin today about that last bad 512 2100 High Perf Level 2 2-2-2 i got from them that i wanted to exchange and they go dya wont believe the extent this company will go to satisfy there customers.

They asked me for the M/B and CPU i was using so they could spend all day and night long testing different ram to see what will overclock the best with my setup! heheh... WOW... Incredable! Plus they also told me that they are going to send out the replacement ram.. Whatever i choose right away free of charge with no credit card or anything... Also told me not to worry since i'm over the 2 weeks they allow for the RMA... As long as it wasnt like months after no biggy.

So like wow... hehe.. I get what i always wanted... Someone to test out sticks for the best overclock on my setup and give me the best they got!

hehe cant wait! I feel lucky now... Will it be the 256 or 512 PC3000 or the 256 PC 3200.... :)

My setup is:

Abit KX7 Raid
AMD XP 2100+ (UNLOCKED)
Gainward G3 ti200
Antec 403 400 WATTS P/S
Live! sound card
Memory ???? :) cant wait baby!!!!

Buy from Mushkin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They say there a smaller company so they are willing to go that extra mile to sell there ram.

I'll let ya all know what they tell me when i get the phone call back from them later on today.

:beer:

I have a question and I bet you guys would beable to answer it.

I just bought a stick of Mushkin 256 mb pc3000 DDR. I get it clocked to 300 MHz and my system won't boot. It is definitly related to the systems use of RAM because when I change just the DDR speed (to 230 something) it works.

Please note that I have a VIA P4XB-SA MoBo, which is probably the problem.

This stick (on a good board, not my VIA MoBo) should do 300 MHz easy shouldn't it?

ps I have an ABit BD7-II on the way:D

:rolleyes: KK...
laugh.gif

oh yeah... 512 pc3000. you can clock it up to 3200 speeds if necessary.

I bought a stick of Mushkin 3200 based on some good reviews by fellow forum visitors. I currently use Samsung 2700 and I gotta say....I could not get that mushkin to touch my samsung. I tried burning it in for a week.....the stuff would take 3.2vmem like it was nothing(my samsung max's at 3v) but it would still not clock like my samsung. I bought it OEM from newegg...it is heading back tonight :(

Well.... I called them just now... i didnt get a phone call back today yet... So anyways.. i talked to someone else since the other person i talked to was on the phone.... Wierd thing is that whoever i talk to at Mushkin when i tell them that i want to exchange the 2100 512 Level 2 2-2-2 they tell me that i already have the best stick...???? Strange... Also that guy told me that he wouldnt sell me a pc3000 stick??? Meaning that wasnt that good..??? WTH? So like wow...

Welp... I'm waitin for that phone call still... THey are going to call me back soon and i'll see whats up.

Strange... If that 2100 is the best they make why wouldnt they just sell it as there 3200 stick?

Well they finally called me back and told me that they are going to start the testing... Which i guess means they didnt do anything all day i take it. She asked me what i was lookin for and i told her something that will give me 185 or 200 FSB max settings and she was kinda rude about it... I take it she does'nt like overclocks much occording to my fiance that talked to her yesterday.. SHe said she felt sorry for her since she was going to marry an "overclocker" hehe funny.. Anyways.. She didnt sound to confindaint in her memroy to pull off a good overclock. She told me that they sticks dont have much luck with overclocking and that back when in the PC133 days overclocking was good and that DDR doesnt give the great overclock that the PC133 did??? What the...

Man.. WTH!!!! So anyways.. she tells me that she will pass that info on to her techs and she will get back to me tomorrow... AMn i feel like i'm getting the run around now..

I already have the feeling that they are going to tell me tomorrow that i already have the best they have... or they will just send me out another stick of that crap for the exchange...

Ya know... I WANT PC3000!!!! Since the start of this whole damn DDR search. And i feel like i should just tell them to stop playing games with me and just send me out 2 damn sticks of the PC3000.

Its strange that they feel there worst stick of ram is the best and everyone knows there PC3000 is there best and they at Mushkin feel its not!

Man i'm i in the TWILIGHT ZONE OR WHAT!!!

For heavens sake... I'm starting to think JUST SEND ME MY MONEY BACK! But i'd hate to wait forever for it... Hell i'm already been waiting weeks for CrazyPC to send me my damn refund of the Kingmax 3200 stick... and i live in the same damn State!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!

Ok just got another phone call phone Kathey at Mushkin today.. And now she wants me to copy all the settings in my bios and system specs to her email so she can forward it to some head tech from where they get there ram from or something??? Wierd.. I was so takin by that message that i didnt get the name of where she was forwarding it to...Plus shes gona give it to her in house tech as well.. So looks like theres gona be some extreme testing with my setup heheh...

Strange eh? Welp... man i can see this takin days now. I wish they would just send me out a PC3000 stick in teh mean time hahah..

Man its gona take a life time to copy every single setting in the bios.

why dont you just ask them

yo yo, send me out a pc3000 stick and i done sends ya this here
2100 stick and we call it even. aight?

Starfox said:
why dont you just ask them

yo yo, send me out a pc3000 stick and i done sends ya this here
2100 stick and we call it even. aight?

Yeah i will tomorrow i think...

Yo since your here and you have the Mushkin PC3000.. WHat settings are you using with that 195FSB? Is that cas 2, 4way, 2-5-2, 1T ? Oh and what voltage to?

I have a buddy that has the same board as me and he has 2 new sticks of the same ram PC3000 from Muchkin and he's having probs getting it past 166 but theres a ton of heat in his room so hehe like 90+ degrees F So i told him that its either his northbridge overheating and or his CPU... So he's underclocking his 1800+ to like 1400 just to make it stable at 166... Beforte he couldnt do 150 heheh... But the question there is... Did you have to ever burn in that ram to get it that high, cause some people say that with Mushkin ya dont have to burn in.

Larry Quinn said:
Corsair.......COrsair....CORSair.........

Ahemmm......sorry ....I just needed to clear my throat... ;)

Yeah well i'm way ahead of you.. hehe Corsiar is my last choice and what i'm going next if this dont work out... though i'd like to grab a stick now while i wait but the fiance cant seem to understand that i need to get something fast cause as soon as i send out the Samsung Original DTL sticks back to newegg i'm gona be without ram and no computers will work so hehe... Women, they just dont understand :burn:

I mean why not try out some Corsiar while i wait and see what happends over here... hehehe funny crap guys... I've almost tried every brand out there in my quest for the OVERCLOCK RAM FROM HELL!

such a strange thread...

corsair might be the best but they are certainly NOT worth 20 bucks extra per 256mb stick. i don't care if it overclocks better than my mushkin i just bought. all i care about is that i got a good deal. my new computer will be lightyears faster than this one... so i probably won't even overclock it for several weeks.

and mushkin seems to be getting the best overall results... price and performance.

Back