• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin pc133 sdram problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pbui3057

Registered
I bought a 256 chip from fry's a month ago. In my old Abit KA7-100 motherboard it was working fine. I just bought an ECS k7s5a board and now it only reads as 128 mb. I tried it on my friends old micron computer and it showed up as 256. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Any ideas? Thanks.

That was the first thing I tried. Thanks for the suggestion though! Any other ideas?

It's possible your new mobo can only handle the newer 4-chip DIMMs. I've had similar problems with my BE6-II, when I install 256MB 4-chip PC133 SDRAM modules it only reads the first 128MB in all three slots, but the 'older' 10-chip modules work just fine. Seems your problem is the exact opposite! (older memory in a newer board) Maybe you can swap your ram with a friend's system?

Back