• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Compact Flash question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lancelot

Does anyone know if there's a way to recover deleted files from a CFcard just as long as the data hasn't been overwritten? I deleted some images on it, didn't format the entire 128MB card so the actual data must still be on it...

ok I did some research. Right now I'm always connecting my camera to the PC but if I get a separate (USB) Compact Flash / Smart Media card reader, Windows can access the card like a drive. You should be able to run all kinds of recovery proggies that way, so I'm gonna buy a card reader today and post any results here...

Got my Sandisk dual reader this weekend, and it's unbelievable what was still recoverable! Since I could use explorer I ran a proggy called 'photorescue' on it and it found a ton of pix that hadn't been overwritten yet, and even usable chunks of pix I took ages ago and had already forgotten about!

Lancelot said:
Got my Sandisk dual reader this weekend, and it's unbelievable what was still recoverable! Since I could use explorer I ran a proggy called 'photorescue' on it and it found a ton of pix that hadn't been overwritten yet, and even usable chunks of pix I took ages ago and had already forgotten about!

sounds nice! How much did you pay for this Sandisk reader? - I have a really s***ing Camera - I have to connect it via the "super-fast" COM-Port !!:rolleyes:

I´m thinking about buying an card reader....

Back