• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SEtiqueue question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Just shoot

I started a setiqueue at work so that I could add a couple more machines that don't have internet access. I think I have it all setup right because its sending and receiving WU's, but me being me I have questions.

First off How can I set the server up so that I can access it at home? I've tried a couple of things and no success. The network is behind a cisco router, so do I have to leave a port open in the router?

Second In the queues login setion there's a login username and password for the admin section. Does this use my account username and password or did I miss something because i didn't give it any info.

You'll need to change the subnet mask to all 0's so that any IP address is allowed to access the queue. Next you need to make sure port 5517 is forwarded onto the internet by whatever router or firewall you have. If all you have is a cisco router check the access lists if any and make sure that is done. To login to the admin part of queue the user name is always "admin" but you set your own password in one of the config menus.

Thanks TC, finally was able to log in, seen that password section too looked right at it and never gave it a thought. Thanks for the heads up on the router I will check when I get home to make sure it worked.

and if it's not a static IP, u can use some sort of DNS redirect service like no-ip.com.

yeah, most people always miss the subnet mask part and end up so frustrated couldn't access from outside network.

and for the router, just forward port 5517, if u didn't change it, to the queue server machine's IP.

good luck!!

Back