• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is your mem at?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RnPgrosz

I just wanted to do a little survey to see what vdimm people are running there ddr ram at. You can respond with type of ddr, fsb its at and the vdimm and timings.

My ddr is Corsair XMS 3000, vdimm is at 3v. Running at 199 fsb, 2-2-2 and the other timings at default.

Crucial 512mb (2x256) PC2100 at 133mhz (stock FSB) fastest ram timings.

memory

Take your pick:

Kingmax PC2700 best timings, 148 FSB kinda unstable, 2.6-2.7 vdimm

OCZ r3 PC2700 best timings, 148 FSB kinda unstable, 2.6-2.7 vdimm

This motherboard is getting to be a real drag, cuz both these sticks can do 160ish on an Epox 8k7a.

i'm not 100% sure but raising the voltage allows you to increase the FSB which makes the ram faster. so raising the voltage indirectly speeds up the ram, but the voltage by itself doesn't speed up anything.

Maxvla said:
i'm not 100% sure but raising the voltage allows you to increase the FSB which makes the ram faster. so raising the voltage indirectly speeds up the ram, but the voltage by itself doesn't speed up anything.

Well, raising the vdimm will allow you to run your memory faster. The voltage increase itself does not make anything faster.

Jerky said:
so the voltage increase is what makes it run faster?? is that correct? :confused:

If u give more voltage you should be able to sqeeze some more juice out of your RAM, but it mostly depends on what RAM you have...

Corsair PC-2100 256 Mb 2.0 - 2 - 2 - 5 - 1T 2.8V running at 161 (322) MHz

rnpgrosz said:

Well, raising the vdimm will allow you to run your memory faster. The voltage increase itself does not make anything faster.
yeah.. thats what i meant. i wasn't real clear on the first part of my post.

Back