• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hey guys, whats up with this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Berkeley has changed the links making the built-in stats feature useless.

w00r!

I hope somebody updates the SETISpy making the feature useful again.

Now why would they go and do something to annoy the people helping them out? The open source code is available but hell if I know how to modify it :D

I am downloading an eval version of Delphi now. I will edit the code and resubmit the update via post in this forum.

Once tested out, if someone knows of a good place to give it a home, we can put it there.....

It may be a cool thing to update it and make it available from this forum as a primary download location (assuming the servers could handle it).

We could use it as a promotion for the team on other sites... even the berkeley forums.

dagwood

Oh ok. I thought maybe something broke with my SETI client. I reinstalled twice, but still got the error. Thanks for the info.

I was just about to post on this when i noticed this thread... So what exactly is the point of all this, why did berkley change something? And dagwood do you have an update on your progress?

Berkeley has switched to fastcgi on their servers to reduce the load on the database servers. This will allow them to keep acceptable (we hope) performance and hopefully turn on some of the older features that have been off for months.

Unfortunately, the change to fastcgi did break a number of third party apps that had hard coded the old server address ending in cgi. The creator of SETISpy has already commented that if Berkeley can't fix the issue on their end he will update his program one more time.

HTH

Cy

from the seti update:

Also, by the way, we've noticed that a
number of users and team founders try to retrieve stats from our site
MULTIPLE TIMES PER SECOND,

OH KAY!!! who would need to do this? 2 situations come to mind
1. u have 50,000 computers set up and they return a result every second
2. you have nothing better to do than try to crash seti's servers. that P's me off that people do dumb ****e like that.

my $0.02,

Digital

When you have a bunch of machines running, sometimes they complete WU's at almost the same time=more than one request per second. The big question is whether or not it's 2 requests every once in awhile, or is it tens or hundreds of requests per second. Could it be folks that are trying to run near real-time counters that are hitting that often?

Back