• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

corsair pc3000 cas2 or pc3200 cas 2.5?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jeff Bolton

ok in a couple weeks when i get my paycheck i plan on getting a big ol fat 512mb stick of corsair xms ddr goodness.

for those of you who use corsair xms (or those who know), which would be better, pc3000 @ cas2 or pc3200 @ cas2.5? or would it make a difference. would both sticks be able to get at least 170mhz and past that? the reason i am asking is that both sticks cost $175 at newegg and i'm trying to figure out which i'd rather get.

for clarification i'm plannin on pairing this with a 2.26b and a abit bd7ii raid mobo.

and arguments, counteropinions, or the like, please post them and help me make my decision.

thanks

jeff

both sticks will surely hit 170+ at turbo settings as they are
rayed at 183cas 2 and 200 cas 2.5 so worry not. i think the
pc3000 will do 3200 speeds as cas2.5 and the pc3200 will
do pc3000 speeds at cas 2 so it's your choice. you shouldn't
see much performance difference. and the speeds are tested
at 2.5vdimm so with some more you could possibly go higher :p

Starfox said:
both sticks will surely hit 170+ at turbo settings as they are
rayed at 183cas 2 and 200 cas 2.5 so worry not. i think the
pc3000 will do 3200 speeds as cas2.5 and the pc3200 will
do pc3000 speeds at cas 2 so it's your choice. you shouldn't
see much performance difference. and the speeds are tested
at 2.5vdimm so with some more you could possibly go higher :p

Yup, they are the samething basically. The PC3000 will most likely do PC3200 at slower timings, and the PC3200 will most likely do PC3000 at fast timings.

thanks, i pretty much assumed it would be like that, i just needed some clarification.

ooh ddr makes me tingle in the most peculiar ways. i can't wait to get some and push this p4 into the stratosphere, since i've never used anything besides regular 'ol sdram...

jeff

Back