• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory timings for Corsair XMS pc3000?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JonnyC

Registered
I just put my new computer together yesterday. I'm not going to OC my CPU right now, but i am wondering what i should set my RAM timings to. From factory they are 2.5-4-4-7 (something like that). What should i set them to? Plz help, i know i should be running my ram faster, but i'm not going to mess with the FSB or anything right now. Also, i need to know of a good beginers guide to OC'ing, because i don't know the first thing about it.

And another thing, you guys know of a good Heatsink and fan that is relatively cheap?

Thanks!
-Jon

umm...no clue what i'm running it at. you talking about the bus speed?? i don't know anything about ram. can you help me by telling me what i should do? I have a P4 1.8, but don't know how to effectively OC it, so i'm going to hold off

Make sure you have the memory multiplier set so it's running the ram at PC2700 speeds if your not gonna overclock and you should also be able to go aggresive on the memory timings like I mentioned.

What is setting the board to run the memory at it's rated bus speed going to do to windows? If he's running an A series NW with a 100 Mhz FSB he needs to set the memory multiplier to 5:3 if it's available and if he has a B series NW with a 133 Mhz FSB he needs to set the multiplier to 5:4 so that the memory is running at 166 regardless.

Back