• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should we buy RAM NOW?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rivercom9

Many have noticed that ram prices are going up. Should we buy ram now if we are going to build a new system in the near future like in two to three months? Please give your opinion as I am giving this idea much thought.

rivercom9 said:
Many have noticed that ram prices are going up. Should we buy ram now if we are going to build a new system in the near future like in two to three months? Please give your opinion as I am giving this idea much thought.
i just bought some last week... so i should be ok for a while :D

Well lucky you. I need to know if I should buy now or later. I dont expect to have the entire system up for about another two to three months. (Thats what happens when you dont get paid enuff and dont get enuff hours) :(

I don't think so. I keep seeing them going down everywhere I go. It's not like the Stock Market or anything right now, lol.:) I don't think it's going to be a rare commodity in the near future. As the technology gets better, the prices of the stuff we have now are going to keep dropping, just like processors and cd-rws. Don't fret, RAM isn't going to get to where you can't afford it anymore.

Any other opinions, I may have no idea what I am talking about...:D

Don't you read the front page? Read the memory article, then make a decision.:) I don't know if you should buy now, I don't know about those things, but I do know that I am buying some right now for a customer that wants their computer in a month. I would buy it now because if the price goes up, they won't be able to afford it.

If the customer can affor the current price then buy it now. Otherwise you are taking a risk that it might go up.
If it goes down I doubt it will be any great amount if it's ddr if its rdram it might.

rivercom9: another paintball player I see...

What marker are you shooting? I use a Shocker 4x4 with the glacier electronics... 11bps no prob

Brian

Memory

Seems like the price is going up so they can bank off the limited stock... in preparation for a new standard(s).

Lochreas said:
I don't think so. I keep seeing them going down everywhere I go. It's not like the Stock Market or anything right now, lol.:) I don't think it's going to be a rare commodity in the near future. As the technology gets better, the prices of the stuff we have now are going to keep dropping, just like processors and cd-rws. Don't fret, RAM isn't going to get to where you can't afford it anymore.

Any other opinions, I may have no idea what I am talking about...:D

I agree. Over the long run prices will go down. For one type of RAM now you can get it or $30. Eventually you will be able to get it for say $20. As companies release new RAM the prices on the older RAM will drop.

Probably just like any other artificial price inflation by the memory makers. May go up for a bit but believe me prices will come back down.

Great US national team av. It was an awesome cup. I look forward to good things in 2006 for the US.

Back