• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How far can PC1066 go?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

brendonpb

I recently got a Asus P4T533C and a P4 2.26B. I order OCZ 512 CL2 PC1066. I was able to take the FSB up to 146 without problems.....the proc never got warmer that room temp....evne under full load. Anything past that, I get a no memory beep code. I changed the ratio of FSB/Mem to 5/4 and was able to take the Proc to the max setting of 150mhz and it still stayed at room temp. This tells me the proc has no problem with reaching 2.6 or even alot higher. I was wondering what the best memory is for reaching bus speeds higher than 145 or so.

Any input is appreciated... :)

Thanks

Brendon

first of all, why did you get OCZ, their ram is crap. second of all rambus is not stable at high speeds. to bet a better overclock go with DDR. a stick of 512mb pc3200 XMS would get you way higher. that would require a new mobo though...

Back