• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Updated SETISPY

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dagwood

Registered
As noted in the thread linked below, SETISPY has taken a hit with the SETI team at Berkeley converting their site to Fast CGI. While it drastically improved their performance, it killed that stats info that was retrieved by SETISPY.

Link to other OC Forum thread

Attached is a new build of SETISPY that fixes the problem. PLEASE consider it ALPHA for the moment, but try to play with it a little to ensure that I have not screwed it up.

You will notice that it is considerably larger than its predecessor. I am uncertain if it is caused by a compile time option or the fact that I had to use Delphi 6 instead of the original v5.

In any event, I have not been able to make it blow up with my edits. Please use it as you desire. Note guarantee's or warantee's expressed or implied (the lay-lawyer in me).

I will try to get to the bottom of the exe size issue still this weekend.

dagwood

I tryed it, it worked I got my stats..
I also tryed the update email addy thing, it didnt work and once open it wouldnt close, simple alt/ctrl/del fixed that
Otherwise it looks good. :)

I just Downloaded it and installed it, seems to work fine!...Great Job!!!

I have put it on my webserver, and you can get it here , just trying to keep Skip's bandwidth usage down.

Thanks again for the updated SetiSpy!

I'm trying it right now and it does seem to be working. It does have a shutdown issue requireing ctl+alt+del/end task. It also took a coupe of clicks to restart it after I had shut it down. <shrugs>

Thanks for your work. :)

Cy

Thanks... stats work great... :D :D

Has a problem in the skymap mode though... won't close the window & closes Spy when clicking on the taskbar...
Looks like Roelof is going to put an update in once SETI gives him the word... see this and this for more details...

Thanks again Makkarah...

Back