• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair "approved dealer" warning

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pntgrd

I don't know if it will make a difference but thought I would point out a little tidbit of info I have found while checking into RMA'ng a bad stick of XMS3200 I received. The Corsair site says it will only warranty memory purchased from dealers listed on their site. I unfortunately have read that info too late. I have not received word on my RMA request as of yet so I do not know how strict they are at adhering to this policy but time will tell. It might be something to think about when choosing WHO to buy from.

Atacom. I hope they will stand behind it. After I ordered from them I then remembered why their name was familiar. I had a bad experience with a m/b from them about a year and a half ago. Didn't remember until it was too late. Thats why I was checking Corsair. I have requested an rma from Corsair and will see what happens.

Pntgrd said:
Atacom. I hope they will stand behind it. After I ordered from them I then remembered why their name was familiar. I had a bad experience with a m/b from them about a year and a half ago. Didn't remember until it was too late. Thats why I was checking Corsair. I have requested an rma from Corsair and will see what happens.
that would be messed up if they sold you some generic ram with a corsair heatspreader on it. :eek:

Got the rma number from Atacom, haven't heard from Corsair so I will try Atacom and see what happens. This is probably not Atacom's fault and I know it is not mine, but it SUX to drop that much money and now have to go through what will probably take a week or two to get a new stick. I have learned my lesson, only order from Newegg from now on. At least they will cross ship RMA's. I have my fingers crossed

Been there already, requested the rma Sunday in fact, still nothing. Since you have been there, let me ask you a question. Does the number or posts regarding bad modules concern you? I agree that the XMS is probably the best there is at this moment for Extreem speeds, but alot of people seem to be having problems with Corsair memory. Maybe all memory has it's problems though, I really have not been to other companies boards before. I have been building my systems since the days of $185 4 meg simms and this is the FIRST bad stick I have ever gotten. Why did it have to be the one I anticipated getting the most?

The same situation happened to me, in fact i returned the Corsair XMS as the Mushkin I have performed better.

I should have the XtremeDDR I ordered from PCpitstop soon, I'll let you know how it does

(PS Pcpitstop just started advertising here, they have a banner)

atacom, what a joke!
Add me to the list of atacom dupes.
They got me on a mobo also.............
Easiest thing to do before you buy from a company is to look at their ratings at resellers.com. I also keep a list of every internet purchase I make, concerning the service I get from them. Shame though, I didn't know about resellers.com before I ordered my bum mobo from them.

Cheers,
Mike

What scares me most about RMA'ing thru Atacom is this. I just checked their site and the price on the 512 meg XMS3200 has gone from $170 which I bought it at to $225 list today. I sure hope they mysteriously don't have anymore or some BS like that.

Pntgrd said:
What scares me most about RMA'ing thru Atacom is this. I just checked their site and the price on the 512 meg XMS3200 has gone from $170 which I bought it at to $225 list today. I sure hope they mysteriously don't have anymore or some BS like that.

Thats nothing... Neweggs price jumped from 187 to 205 in one afternoon... Now its 230 bucks... thats just the prices of ram as they are all rising.

Back