• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ocz Pc2700 512

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoobInside

WHat do you all think of OCZ PC2700 ram? Im thinking of getting a 512 MB stick of CAS2.0 with the 1T settings. This is for my athlon xp 1700+ and Epox 8k3A+

Heard bad things about OCZ, never had any of my own tho to compare.

I do have some Corsair 3200 tho. I like it. 175Mhz 2-2-2-5 so far. Will try higher tonight with the 3:4 CPU/MEM work around on my board.

Try and avoid OZC, I tried to overclock my comp by bumping the fsb by 3 and I had all kinds of problems with the memory. Don't buy from them, they are a bad company.

find some true smasung PC2700 it's almost the same price and 10xz better. As said before avoid OCZ. If anything just pickup any samsung PC2700 and it should perform better then OCZ.

I heard was reading that the Rev3 of OCZ PC2700 is A LOT better and the other revs are **** though.

OCZ RAM

Hello,

Do not buy OCZ RAM!!! I have 256MB of OCZ PC3000 RAM and it sucks. It will not OC more than 5Mhz and it will not run at CAS 2, only at CAS 2.5 Buy Samsung(the best), or Crucial, or Corsair but not OCZ!!!!!!!

i have the pc2700 ocz 512 cas 2. when running a 175 bus (ddr = 350), i had to raise the cas to ras precharge from 2 to 3. the other settings are 2-2-5 with no problems at all. if memory serves me correctly, i had to change the setting not to far above the 166 bus. also, i didn't have to up the dimm voltage to do this.

i have heard bad things about ocz, so maybe i got lucky? maybe it's because i sprung for the cas 2 option? either way, i'm happy with it.

It is said that Rev3 is far superior to the other revisions. I guess you have rev3. Rev3 uses Samsung 6.0 ns chips, the best.

jesus no don't get OCZ, you've been warned.

go for some mushkin. INCREDIBLE customer support, and
some bad arse ram. mine is in my sig :p

Back