• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

berkely down?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just checked my server and it's runing fine, in fact it shows a new user account just created. There's a planned outage for tomorrow though - read the web site.

Well, it's 7-16-02 right now, and it certainly seems to be down. Haven't been able to upload from either of my SETI machines, and can't get to any of their webpages, either.

Something seems to be going on...

:eek:

I can also get to my stats??? Sorry don't know what is wrong for you?

Yep, it seems to be back. Got all 8 of my WU's sent, and downloaded new WU's too.

And the webpages are working now, too.

The "outage" was about 3:30 PM, EDT, IIRC... at least, "MY" outage, heh.

Strange... but SETI does report, "— July 16, 2002 —
We have have received reports of a new connection problem and are looking into it. "

That's probably what I encountered.

Ive noticed a bit of slow down and some no response over the last two days.

Current song being played: Queen - I Want To Break Free

Update from Berkeley:

"We discovered that since rebooting the data server yesterday, the netmask on the Cogent facing interface was wrong. After correcting this, we began to see reports that the very recent connectivity problem may have gone away. We are a still concerned that some folks reported that the problem started a day or so before the reboot. We'll keep out eye on the message board. "

So, looks like my "mini-outage" was real. Thank goodness! Thought I'd wigged out... heh.

Wierd thing was, the WU's didn't have too much trouble, just a few no-connects, but the webpages were hosed for awhile. Guess they use different servers, eh?

CRUNCH ON!:burn:

Back