• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A fix for a soundblaster card and using WPCREDIT? No more USB!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TranceBear

Big Daddy Bear Senior
I am switching from my Bose USB speakers to a S/B soundcard but I get static when I have edited the registry using WPCREDIT and enabling the halt command to cool the processor. I found out that USB speakers use alot of CPU power and I am gonna cut that out!! I have heard of a couple of people that this has happened too but still no fix that I can find. Should I try a different soundcard? Phillips maybe? Thanks

I use the mod to halt the CPU and cool it at idle. Its not my money to say if you should get a new sound card but I do not use a Sound Blaster card and have no problems with any crackling or anything so it would suggest a change if you desire. There are known problems with compatiablity with Sound Blaster Sound Cards and the KT133 based mobo.

Maestro

Maestro (Jul 17, 2001 05:29 p.m.):
I use the mod to halt the CPU and cool it at idle. Its not my money to say if you should get a new sound card but I do not use a Sound Blaster card and have no problems with any crackling or anything so it would suggest a change if you desire. There are known problems with compatiablity with Sound Blaster Sound Cards and the KT133 based mobo.

Maestro

What brand you use?

Back