• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seti on linux

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Since you're using my seti queue just use the -proxy 66.188.73.85:5517 and it will connect to my queue.

yes i know that
the problem is im on dialup and not permanently connected to the net
my pc gets left for 12-24 hours at a time with no net connection...

Duh I should know that LOL. My one track broadband mind forgets the days of dial up and I Still Don't Know (ISDN) Hmm, what about setting up your own seti queue and telling it to connect to mine? I think that's possible in the seti queue settings. You can tell seti queue to connect manually when you dial in, and then grab some units from me, and then it will serve your linux box while you're offline. How does that sound?

There is a perl script called "multiseti". It might be what you are after. It can cache, upload and download results independently and gives progress reports. You can find a link to it on the S@H homepage in the links/software section.

Back