• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

reboot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FDUSMC

When OC'ed@145FSB or higher my system will reboot on its own after about 10 minutes of reg load. Does this sound like the memory can't handle the high speed or just a crappy MOBO. Temps not an issue@32d and I've messed with the voltage at just about every setting.

I think you better unlock that CPU and open up that FSB to atleast 166 what that ram can do... i dont know anything about that motherboard you have but it might be something simple lik eyou have some setting in the bios that should be selected. Might be a setting for the ram... Though your prob sounds like overheating though your water cooling. Might be a P/S prob as well. I hope you dont have that water pump on the same P/S as the system is.. Might be pulling too much power out of it, whicih could cause that reboot... If it is a power prob you might fry that water pump and some other hardware too...

I should know cause i have fried 2 CPUs 2 P/S and one water pump that was drawing too much power... All that was on one P/S... If i would of only knew... :(

Yes i see it now... That antec 300 watt'r isint gona help that high powered AMD overclocked system with all that stuff.. .I mean each one of those 256MB sticks ya got in there are pulling a ton of power... Thats 3 sticks eh? Also that grafics card... man ya better grab atleast a new 400WATT P/S.. Though i would also buy a cheap 200-250 watt AT P/S as well just for the water pump.You could also hook all your fans to that as well..

Just throw that AT P/S in the case and have it pluged into the same floor multi outlet. Then when ya turn that power on it will turn the water pump and your case fans on before you turn that computer on with the power on button.. Best way to do it and for an overclocked system with water cooling.

Just dont go throwing the hard drive on that other AT P/S cause then ya will have probs.

Last edited:
Well how new is that memory? Have you ever tired just one or 2 sticks and see what happends? Have you ever ran a program called memtest86 to test each stick to see if one of those 3 are giving you the prob?

The sticks are new (1 month old) and I have a 512 and a 256. I think the problem may just be the PSU because it runs more stable at 1.78v than a higher setting.

Back