• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MB recommendation or you have MB to sell **LOW SETI content**

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rfeng

1st off...sorry for out-of-forum posting on this one but I trust you guys.

Main cruncher died :mad: MB makes all kinds of buzzing sounds and then will not recongnize the keyboard or make it past the OS Option screen (Win2K). I'm gonna say that the 8KHA+ is toast. I could RMA it but AccessMicro has the worst CS and I think the MB combo (MB, CPU, and HSF) need to be together and have not been disassembled for the warrantee to be valid (it's in a Swiftech Q-power now). I could put it back together but they'll be able to tell, me thinks.
I need recomendations on a good DDR (266a or 333) MB for around $100. Or, if any of you have such a MB laying around that you'd like to sell, that would be great, too. PM me offline.
Thanks guys!

-JR

for around (under $100) I like the Shuttle AK31 r3.1 and the Shuttle AK35GT2, the AK31 is a 266A board, the AK35GT2 is the 333 board. Both are under $100, and i can tell you from personal experience( I have 2 ak31's and an ak35gt2) that there great boards.

Thanks for the suggestion, Jeniva. Let me add to my post that I'd like to stick with EPOX (8k3a+ maybe?) if possible but I would be willing to try something else if performance/reliabilty were at least equal to my current 8KHA+

-JR

rfeng said:
Thanks for the suggestion, Jeniva. Let me add to my post that I'd like to stick with EPOX (8k3a+ maybe?) if possible but I would be willing to try something else if performance/reliabilty were at least equal to my current 8KHA+

-JR

I would recommend the Abit KX7-333 over the Epox 8K3A+. They're around the same price although the Abit seems to be much more powerful than the Epox and alot more stabler. AudiMan benched the two boards using 3dMark2001SE. The Abit had a Thunderbird 1.33 @ 1.65gigs and the Epox had an Athlon XP @ 1.7gig, and both boards were using the same video card. The Abit came short about 100-200 points and that's barely any difference and this is comparing T-Bird w/ Athlon XP! You can say Abit has excellent performance. The KX7-333 is exactly like the KR7A which I have and it's an awsome board and it's very stable again.

I think Abit is getting real hot lately with their motherboards and products.

Yodums

I have 2 AK31's and love them!!! I think you can get them for around $65 now!!

Back