• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XMS 3200.... WTF this SUCKS!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Emericana

yeah! i got my ram in right! finally i got my xms 3200 to upgrade from my crappy *** samsung dtl ram i got from newegg. i have v 2.1 and this stuff wont run stable over 173mhz. i have tried using 2.85vcore on the ram (most my board supports). I use the by SPD settings also.

It will boot into windows at fsbs up to 207mhz but it will not finish a full prime 95 test at anything above 173mhz.

WTF is wrong with this stuff? this is DDR 400 not 333!

EDIT: Also, this stuff seems ridiculously slow! when i had samsung ctl that was defective, when it ran at 200 FSB i would get over 3000 mem points in sandra on the first line (forget what it is called). on this ram at 207 i get around 2800.

what a waste of money

I bet ya gota play with those mem settings a little to get the speed up... Hell if its doing 207 at slow settings its gota do better then 173 max.. Ever try cas2.5 2-6-2 2T?

ok guys. the prob is i was expecting more than what i got. I tried running it at 7x210 with the most relaxed settings and it was rock stable. The problem is that because there are 3 guarenteed spd's for different fsbs (1 for 166mhz and below, 1 for 185, and 1 for 200) i was running at a setting way too fast for the ram.

Right now i am running comfortably at 195FSB with all the settings on the max @ 2.85v.

I payed $160 for the stuff at googlegear and now it is $200!

I want to see what the max fsb i can get on relaxed settings is and i will post here.

Btw, this memory does not seem to be as fast as Samsung CTL ram. That stuff got me over 3000mem points on relaxed settings at 200fsb. However this was using the old sandra 2002 not the patched SP1. Do the mem points decrease after the patch?

EDIT: my mem scores at 9x190 are 2616/2407. This is not max aggressive. It is 2-4bank-2-5-2-3-2t which is almost the max aggressive. On my board the max aggressive is 2-4bank-2-5-2-2-1t and this option called Enhance DRAM performance

Just so you know we all know that!!!

also almost all 'system' memory is 2700 or under sans engeneering samples

Brian:D

well if it is overclocked 2700 ram it is pretty damn good ram to be able to run at 200fsb with 1.55v only.

Wallacebw said:
Just so you know we all know that!!!

also almost all 'system' memory is 2700 or under sans engeneering samples

Brian:D
Really? I'll REQUOTE what Emericana said: "WTF is wrong with this stuff? this is DDR 400 not 333!" Does this statement lead you to believe that he thinks it's TRUE DDR 400? It did me:D

yes i thought that this was true ddr 400.

Oh well i still get pretty good scores with this thing. This is @ 2.85v.

Btw this stick of ram gets pretty hot. Is that normal for heatspreaders?

this is a stable speed

Emericana said:
yes i thought that this was true ddr 400.

Oh well i still get pretty good scores with this thing. This is @ 2.85v.

Btw this stick of ram gets pretty hot. Is that normal for heatspreaders?

this is a stable speed
That is a pretty good score! I would leave it alone.

yeah i get around the same with 205FSB with relaxed timings but of course by having it at 191 fsb it is less likely to cause HDD curruption.

Btw, i got this ram up to a amazing 216FSB on relaxed settings (7x216)!

However, is it bad that the ram is hot after being run in memchecker 3.0 for 5 hours? it is around as hot as my CPU heatsink feels after using it so (i get temps of around 40C generally on the cpu)

hEHEH hell those scores would surrly put a smile on my face! Look man i'm an overclocker and if that thing is running hot it wouldn't take me to rig up some kind of fan coolin that baby off... hehe who knows might even go higher... But hey man before ya get to depresed.. Ya never know... THat rams great now... Who knows what would happen with some burn in time :)

I want to get 195FSB with 1T command but i doubt the 1t will ever happen. It will not Post with 1t for whatever reason but it is running Rock stable with 2t. I am going to see what the highest fsb i can pull off with everything max aggressive with 2t. i will try to figure out a way to put a fan over the ram

Whats the fastest that it will run at 1t? run it at 1T at that speed and then again at 2T... You may be suprised at how little change you get.

Brian

no i am going to run it at 2t because i will be able to pull off more mhz that way. I am able to get up to around 180 with 1t stabley but i really have not experimented that high with different voltages.This stuff is guarenteed to do 2-2-2-1t at 166mhz or less but i could care less cause i wont get a good bandwith like i have now then.

Back